GC2-D3-2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kublai, Nov 30, 2009.

1. kublai
    OP

kublai GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2008
    United States
    I just got a Wii over Thanksgiving and I beleive it's one of the newer D3-2 firmware since I cannot locate it in the wii serial database. Serial # starts with LU792xxx. Is there a hard mod or can you softmod this to play from backup DVDs? I saw in ZXXY's guide about something that this version will not play off DVDS?

2. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    no switch out the drive or get into USB loaders

3. TheNewbPleaser

TheNewbPleaser GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2009
    Costa Rica
    get usb loader its better but first try to burn s disk and try running it if works u dont have the newst drive but if u cant u might have it so if it doesnt work go for usb loading.

4. kublai
    OP

kublai GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2008
    United States
    Thanks all for the quick reply. I guess I'm just way too late in the game. I assume the simplistic guide on here will work since it said "All Wii?"

5. nabster92

nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 16, 2009
    United States
    The drives don't do anything to stop softmodding, it just prevents them from reading backups at all.

6. Hells Guardian

Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 25, 2008
    United States
    No duh. Of course the drive stops us from playing backups with it. FYI the reason it does this is nintendo fixed the drive firmware....... Does anyone know if the DVDx still works with the drive? if it dosen't well I'm not surprised...... Nintendo finally figured out how we've been able to exploit the drive....

7. Dialexio

Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    I wouldn't expect DVDx to function. In the D3-2 drives, Nintendo removed the DVD mode from the drive firmware.

8. kornmaniac

kornmaniac Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2009
    United States
    what usb drive are compatible with usb loader dx

9. Det1re

Det1re det1re.de

Oct 28, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...patibility_List

Personally I recommend the Western Digital MyPassport Essential series, although I've read about problems with newer revisions of those drives...