Hacking GC version of JAP Metroid Prime in English

Paar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I have this specific problem... I have a dream... And in this dream, I play Metroid Prime on Gamecube (love my Wavebird), with progressive scan, features from PAL version and English text. But officialy - it's impossible.

NTSC-U - 480p and English, but not features from PAL version
PAL - English, but no progressive scan
NTSC-J - features from PAL version and 480p, but no English (even though the English translation is already on the disc!)

So I tried to hack the .dol file from JAP version, so it would display English. It worked! But the problem is, font is way too big. I had an idea - what if I switched font files from PAL version with font files from JAP version? But I don't know where to look. Do any of you know if this is even possible?
By the way, I own original copy of Metroid Prime. I don't play pirated games.

Thanks!

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiki says "Some of the changes were in the NTSC region's Player's Choice re-release, along with more changes not in other releases" so maybe try to track that down?

I didn't know there even were any changes between versions, other than when they ported to Wii. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle gi joe

Paar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Player's Choice edition contains mainly bugfixes, it doesn't add features from JAP/PAL version (however Wii version do). If you want to know what kind of differences I'm "talking" about, check this list :).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-