GCN GC Loader ODE - issues with some games

Quackington

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.

I'm hoping you guys can help me with some issues I'm facing playing on a GameCube which has the GCLoader installed and Swiss.

All the issues I'm about to show/describe only appear when I play via my GameCube with GCLoader installed, but not when I play via my homebrewed Wii. I've taken some pictures:

Here are the pics in order:

1. GC Loader: Burnout 2 paused (I have highlighted resume, only part of the text selection is white when all of the highlighted text should be white)

2. Wii: Burnout 2 paused, the same issue mentioned above doesn't happen

3. GC Loader: F-Zero character select screen (the Blue falcon car is not in the box it's leaning right)

4. Wii: F-Zero character select screen, looks fine

5/6. GC Loader: F-Zero results screen, there's bits of the leader board missing on both the left and right sides

7. Wii: F-Zero results screen, all looks fine

The rips are the exact same files, which I ripped a few years back on my Wii, so I'm assuming it's something to do with the ODE or more likely Swiss settings. The good thing is that the issue for F-Zero is fixed. A user on another forum advised me to fix the Swiss settings for F-Zero as follows:

Force Video Mode: No
Force Horizontal Scale: Auto
Force Vertical Offset: +0
Force Vertical Filter: Auto
Disable Alpha Dithering: Enabled
Force Anisotropic Filter: Enabled
Force Widescreen: No
Force Text Encoding: No
Invert Camera Stick: X&Y
Emulate Read Speed: Disabled

I'd rip my discs again, but I get the impression that it's not the rips and something to do with the settings. My default settings for all Swiss games is 480p force video mode and includes Force Widescreen for 2D and 3D. I'm wondering if anyone with experience of Swiss and/or GC Loader can help?

Many thanks,

-Quackington

Quackington

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's your problem.

Enjoy your 20 FPS in Big Blue Ordeal.
Thanks, I’ll try it with force widescreen turned off.

On the anisotropic filter: what is it for and should I have this disabled? I didn’t notice any issues playing in the first cup.

Thanks for your help.

P4RI4H

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Id like to add another game to the list.

Beyond Good and Evil (USA)

All my settings are default, except IPL mode and in game reset is enabled.

MD5 matches redump.

When I load the game, it loads fine. Once I reach the language select screen, there is zero controller response whatsoever.

I've tried my own ISO dump, different dumps, running it through Nkit and updating Swiss. I have an SD2SP2 installed as well that is functioning as intended.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: