Hacking GC Injects or Nindendont?

rich333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just setting up a WiiU for Gamecube and trying to decide which option is better.

From what I can tell by reading up the main points are:

GC Injects can use the gamepad, Nintendont via vWii USB loader cannot
GC Injects require a channel to be built for each game, Nintendont via vWii just uses coverflow (much easier)

Is this right? Is there any other things to consider, such as other controller support or video quality or options?
I don't care about the SD card/USB Drive pro/cons for storage.

Last edited by rich333,

rich333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So Nintendont works with gamepad via forwarder channel. Is this from SD only? What about from a USB loader (wiiflow, cgf, etc)

rich333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i just tried an inject (with mario golf) to see how long it took. it outputs to the tv at 1080 and looks pretty bad. is there a way to output it at 480p and let the tv upscale it? looked better on the old wii and upscaled by tv. it was also in 4:3, can 16:9 be achieved? sorry if these questions are dumb (that nintendont thread is so big its hard to find the info)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

GC injects are also nintendont lol.

edited to make more sense (i think) - what i really want is a coverflow type loader which i can use the gamepad (and ideally load off usb)

Last edited by rich333,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just inject the forwarder of your prefered USB Loader (wiiflow or USBLoaderGX*) into a wiiU virtual console channel.
you'll get the gamepad support, and the front end of the USBLoader to launch nintendont with games on SD.

If you want gamepad support and games on USB, you need a WiiU HDD and inject gamecube iso directly into the channels, you can't use a loader's front end.

* USBGX is not fully compatible yet. it can launch nintendont, but has no gamepad support yet in the loader (but gamepad works when in nintendont/gamecube game), and some menus are disabled.
It will be fixed, until then use wiiflow or just don't worry about missing menus.

Last edited by Cyan,

Kamesennin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi,
I tried using injected GC iso via WiiU USB Helper.
The installation went ok, I prepared my SD as it says in the Helper.

But. When I load any game (Mario party 7 and Mario strikers) I got the splash screen ready to run, and then a black screen :(
Don't know if I missed something.
If it matters, I have HBC on vWii and nintendont runs fine there, but I want WiiU gamepad support lol

Any ideas?

Thanks!

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It will be fixed, until then use wiiflow or just don't worry about missing menus.
wiiflow has gamepad support? I want to setup an emunand from there, basically I want bypass vWii nand size limitation:

Wii U VC forwarder ---> wiiflow ---> emunand ---> wiiware

Is it possible something like that? hiding wiiflow splash screen/verbose in order to it autoboot a specific title like nintendont?

Last edited by cucholix,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just setting up a WiiU for Gamecube and trying to decide which option is better.

From what I can tell by reading up the main points are:

GC Injects can use the gamepad, Nintendont via vWii USB loader cannot
GC Injects require a channel to be built for each game, Nintendont via vWii just uses coverflow (much easier)

Is this right? Is there any other things to consider, such as other controller support or video quality or options?
I don't care about the SD card/USB Drive pro/cons for storage.
the nintendont forwarder on its own only supports games on sd though if you use a vc injector like teconmoons wii/gc vc injector and have each game as its own icon it can be store on usb or nand

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wiiflow has gamepad support? I want to setup an emunand from there, basically I want bypass vWii nand size limitation:

Wii U VC forwarder ---> wiiflow ---> emunand ---> wiiware

Is it possible something like that? hiding wiiflow splash screen/verbose in order to it autoboot a specific title like nintendont?
EmuNAND is not possible, emuNAND requires cIOS d2x.
unless NAND redirection is added to fw.img (WiiU VC IOS255), then there's no way to play wii games (disc or channels) from USBLoaders launched from a WiiVC.

I don't know if wiiflow has gamepad support, but it might not have menu errors.
USBGX has some menu disabled, and need a fix, while wiiflow could not need a fix, just the gamepad support.

for the moment, the only way to launch WiiWare/VC is with titles installed to NAND and WiiVC injected with a vWii NAND channel loader.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: cucholix

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
any wiiflow which can launch latest nintendont release (5.x)
you probably won't have gamepad support inside wiiflow, but it will work in nintendont.
in wiiflow, you'll need a wiimote or classic pro controller.

DonCaballero

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I mean, it looks pretty nice with all those Gamecube icons as if they were VC releases. It's almost like you can imagine a world where Nintendo didn't completely fumble the virtual console on Wii U (apart from GBA, man if only I could remove the dark filter).

Reactions: cucholix

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
more complicated than on Wii.
on Wii, we were recreating an IOS from scratch, with source code compiled with devkitpro. we could add new features more easilly than the current method we have on WiiU.
On WiiU, the fw.img is not generated, but patched. few memory addresse in the files are edited to bypass checks, etc.
but there's no full functions added to it.

I don't know if it's possible to recreate a full IOS255 like we did with cIOS on Wii.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no you don't. the (hacked) IOS used by the injected homebrew is included into the Injected channel, and installed on WiiU mode.
when launching the channel, it goes into vWii mode and use the included (patched) IOS only, it doesn't rely on other IOSes physically located on vWii NAND.

that's why Wii game injects can't use d2x cIOS located on vwii nand and can't access fat32 USB.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: kisamesama

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does wiimotes work with injected GC ? I have injected Mario power tennis GC and installed it but it seems it does recognise my wiimote .. as soon as I run the game, all 4 "sync" lights light up on my wiimote.. only the wiiu gamepad works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs