GC emulator for 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by XXX_Bike-Fucker_XXX, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XXX_Bike-Fucker_XXX
    OP

XXX_Bike-Fucker_XXX Banned

Banned
    Nov 15, 2015
    Norway
    ur mums house
    Hello, and I am wondering if it possible to emulate GameCube games on the 3ds and if there are any working emulators already, please post links to them. Thank you very much.

2. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Technically it's possible. But it would be unplayably slow. Even New 3DS doesn't have the horsepower to emulate an N64, let alone a GC. Also, it would be very difficult to control as the GC controller has many more buttons than the 3DS, and some games also take advantage of the GC controller's unique layout.

3. XXX_Bike-Fucker_XXX
    OP

Banned
    Nov 15, 2015
    Norway
    ur mums house
    okay but is there a emulator for game cube? i want to play luigis mansion on my 3ds if it is possible. Thank you very much.

4. dotarice

dotarice Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2015
    Bahrain

Lan Hikari likes this.
  5. XXX_Bike-Fucker_XXX
    OP

Banned
    Nov 15, 2015
    Norway
    ur mums house
    so it is possible? when can i expect an emulator to be finished? i can't wait to play luiggi's mansion. Thank you very much.

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah you can play luigi's mansion on the 3DS, but you have to play luigi's mansion 2 other than that troll on

Lan Hikari likes this.
  7. XXX_Bike-Fucker_XXX
    OP

Banned
    Nov 15, 2015
    Norway
    ur mums house
    this is a serious request. i want to play the original luigi's mansion for nintendo game cube, so i was wondering if there is an emulator avalible. Thank you very much.

8. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    I said it's technically possible. I didn't say it's going to happen. Seriously, it wouldn't be worth it so don't bother waiting. Nobody is going to invest the time it would take to port a GC emulator to 3DS when it would run so badly. Just play Luigi's Mansion on your GC and/or Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon on your 3DS.

9. Hepklep

Hepklep Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2015
    No it is not possible and due to the hardware of the 3ds it will never happen because the 3DS just can support it.

10. artur3004

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    y u no using dolphin?

11. XXX_Bike-Fucker_XXX
    OP

Banned
    Nov 15, 2015
    Norway
    ur mums house
    but i don't have a game cube. that's why i want to install an emulator.

There's no way to know that until someone tries to make it.

Thank you very much.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i don't know how to install it. that's why i want to get emulator on the 3ds instead. Thank you very much.

12. Hepklep

Hepklep Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2015
    Emulating a more powerful console on a less powerful one is never thing that works great, so no one will waste their time trying... Great troll post by the way.

13. artur3004

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Then learn how to google?!?
    You download it, start dolphin.exe, open rom and play it!!!!!!!

Hayleia likes this.
  14. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    well as you have already been told "its not feasible" go buy a gamecube or make your own 2 fps emulator, no dev is going to waste their time trying to make a gamecube emulator for the 3DS, and if you can't make it yourself then your in no position to tell others if its possible or not or suggest that it might work if we just dream hard enough

15. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Well, there are already GC emulators for desktop computers. You'll have to use one of those if you want to play this game. Or buy a GameCube.

There is. The 3DS is not powerful enough to emulate a GameCube. The host machine (in this case the 3DS) needs to be many, many times more powerful than the original guest machine (in this case the GameCube) in order to function in a useful way, and the 3DS is not powerful enough. If you don't want to read up on the technical reasons for this then you'll just have to take my word for it.

If you type 'how to install dolphin emulator' into Google, literally the first result is the Wiki page which tells you how to do it.

Lan Hikari likes this.
  16. XXX_Bike-Fucker_XXX
    OP

Banned
    Nov 15, 2015
    Norway
    ur mums house
    I am not a troll, i just want to play video games. i get that it takes a little work to get this done, but i really, really want to play luigi's mansion on my 3ds. i don't get why this is such a big thing to ask?? Thank you very much.

17. artur3004

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    In times like this, I wish I have the power to bitch slap people through the internet

You CAN NOT.

Deal with it.

18. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Read this for a start, then come back and tell us it's not a big thing to ask.

http://fms.komkon.org/EMUL8/HOWTO.html

Also, read the source code for Dolphin emulator. If you think that looks straightforward, feel free to try to port it to the 3DS.

https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin

19. XXX_Bike-Fucker_XXX
    OP

Banned
    Nov 15, 2015
    Norway
    ur mums house
    I don't mean to be demanding, i'm just saying that this is something that should be made. sorry for the misunderstanding.

i have tried this many, many times before with no luck and i have given up all hope.

that's not very nice...

Thank you very much.

20. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Ok, well as I and others have said it's really not worth it. It could take months or years to even get it to compile for a 3DS target, and then it would literally run like a slideshow. There's no way of making the 3DS run it faster - it's just down to the limitations of the hardware.

Well, perhaps if you post the specific problem you are having getting it to work we could help you set it up and get your game running :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.