Gaming GC Controller or Component Cables?

  • Thread starter Thread starter X D D X
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,583
  • Replies Replies 12

X D D X

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
825
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
Location
New Zealand
XP
192
Country
New Zealand
ok, so I've got some money to spend on one of these things. I was looking at buying a GC controller or some Component cables since they're pretty cheap. The Controller will cost me $21 Including shipping and the cables will be $17 Including shipping. (Both prices in NZD)

So It's probably an easy choice with the GC controller, but i thought i won't use it as much. I mean, if i get it, i'll probably use it for a few games that i've got and also for Multiplayer.

The Component Cables will be plugged in to the TV all the time. Right now i'm using the standard cables Playing in 480i. I don't really have a problem with it but i've seen the 480p Pictures and they look really nice. Also wondering if these support Homebrew like the Backup Loaders? I read somewhere that it doesn't support 480p.

I just want you guys to help me decide and also i was wondering if the 480p cables really make a difference from 480i. The pictures look really nice.
 
Hmm well at first I would have said controller but you seem to think you won't use it much. Considering it won't take too long to make another $20 or so, I say go with the component cables first and then when you make another twenty buy a controller.
 
Depending on what games you are going to be using it for will depend on wjether you should get the GC controller or not. What games will you use it for.
 
Edgedancer said:
Depending on what games you are going to be using it for will depend on wjether you should get the GC controller or not. What games will you use it for.
The Major game will be SSBB since i've been playing with the Wiimote (It sucks). I'll also use it for Mario Kart Wii, DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and Bleach Versus Crusade.

I also remembered that i can use it for the N64 VC games too, so now i'm swaying towards the GC Controller.
 
get the controller you can always get component cables later. if you can and if you can find 1 i recommend getting a wavebird their worth it.
 
Get both, buy the component cable off of Monoprice (Google it). They have one for 3.52$. Yeah, they're dirt cheap, but I've never had an issue with a Monoprice cable, and they have a lifetime guarantee, anyway.
 
Is the GC controller first party? If not, definitely get the component cables.
 
OSW said:
Is the GC controller first party? If not, definitely get the component cables.
Both the Controller and the Cables are Third Party. I'll have a really hard time finding the official ones here and they will probably cost a lot more.

And also I can't really buy them from other places as most of them only accept Paypal and I haven't got one.
 
DeMoN said:
Eon-Rider said:
Pretty much all third party GC controllers are crap from my experience.
This man speaks truth.
Get the component cables, they really do make a difference.

That's what I mean
wink.gif


Get the third party component cables, because from my experience, they all work pretty much the same (unlike controller quality).
 
It can't be that bad can it.....
unsure.gif

So then Component cables it is. Thanks for helping me decide guys.

And can someone explain what exactly is so bad about the Third Party GC Controllers?
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted