GBC glass screen. Is it worth it?

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I have to replace my GBC screen with a new one and I was very attracted by the glass screen.
I was wondering... is a glass screen really better than a plastic one in the long run? Ok, let me explain it better: the glass screen is obviously scratch resistant, nicer and cleaner, but it's also fragile. Plus, it can be scratched with time.
There's no GBC gorilla glass screen that I know of.:unsure:

The question is, should I ever need it to be replaced it in the future (or after a crash) how easy is to pry it open without damaging the console? If the screen is cracked, or shatters during the process, maybe trying to remove it can scratch the LCD..
Would it not be better to order some plastic screens to spare? They seem pretty easy to replace.

lnxmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the glass screen I put on my GBA (and have one on the way for my GBP), it feels much nicer then the pastic, it's easier to clean off too. They just attach with 3M tape, so you can remove a broke or cracked screen easily and pop in a new one.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a glass lens for the gba and it's pretty thick. You can easily replace it as well. Get the glass one, you'll be happy you did. You'll probably spend more replacing the plastic lens when it gets scratched, which happens very easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.