GBATemp's Official Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Porygon-X, Apr 14, 2011.

?
  1. Vancouver Canucks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Boston Bruins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CarbonX13

CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Aug 27, 2010
    Taiwan
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Meh, superstition is overrated. It all comes down to skill in the end, and the Vancouver Canucks this year have all it takes to win the Cup. It's just a matter of whether or not they keep themselves together and don't blow everything.

But if you want more superstition, you should also note that:
    In 1976, Montreal hosted the Summer Olympic Games. The following year, 1977, had Montreal win the Stanley Cup.
    In 1988, Calgary hosted the Winter Olympic Games. The following year, 1989, the Flames would hoist their first and only Stanley Cup.
    In 2010, Vancouver hosted the Winter Olympic Games. The following season, 2011, Vancouver is in the Stanley Cup Finals. Will we take the Cup?

2. Porygon-X
    OP

Porygon-X GBAtemp Fan

Aug 18, 2009
    Switzerland
    Canada. Shieeet
    Canucks and Bruins are in the final!

Who will win?

3. Porygon-X
    OP

Porygon-X GBAtemp Fan

Aug 18, 2009
    Switzerland
    Canada. Shieeet
    LOL after an 8 day break the Canucks score with 19 seconds left to win 1-0!

Only 3 wins to go!

4. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    That was such a boring game. I thought it was just me because of where I'm sick, but apparently I'm not the only one who thought it was boring.

I get there were a lot of blocked shots, and the goalies are Vezina finalists, and both teams are pretty defensive, but good lord, at least have hits.

I will admit though, that play where Kessler was just barely onside to assist the goal, was an amazing play. How he did that, I'll never know.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted