GBATemp's Official Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Porygon-X, Apr 14, 2011.

?
  1. Vancouver Canucks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Boston Bruins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CarbonX13

CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Aug 27, 2010
    Taiwan
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Canucks win 7-3, take 2-0 series lead against the Sharks. Good game by the Canucks. Niemi looks like nothing compared to Rinne. [​IMG]

2. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Eager is a moron. I wonder what the league is going to do considering pretty much all the big honcho's were there.

Great game though. Me and my dad were laughing at that power play late in the third when the sedins were just keeping the puck away. It was so comical.

Also, did anybody catch the shot of that girl who flashed her tits to Ben Eager in the penalty box?

3. CarbonX13

CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Aug 27, 2010
    Taiwan
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Scores need updating. Vancouver up 2-0, Boston up 2-1.

4. Porygon-X
    OP

Porygon-X GBAtemp Fan

Aug 18, 2009
    Switzerland
    Canada. Shieeet
    Whoops sorry about that!

I've been caught up in a storm of homework [​IMG]

Canucks up 3-1 and Boston tied 2-2 .

Man the Canucks were wicked on the PP today. And did you see the pass by Henrik?!?!?!?!?! SICK

5. ShadowSoldier

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    The Power Play by the Canucks were unbelievable. I was actually laughing by the third goal. Did you see how mad the Sharks coach was when he was yelling at his team? They basically gave the Canucks the game there. And I agree, that pass from Henrik to Burrows was insane. He had what, like 5 inches of room to pass and it landed RIGHT on the tape of Burrows? Unbelievable.

Glad they're my hometown team [​IMG]

6. Porygon-X
    OP

Porygon-X GBAtemp Fan

Aug 18, 2009
    Switzerland
    Canada. Shieeet
    I swear Henrik is the only player that can beat the defenceman and goalie and still only get an assist on the play.

I bet he was swearing at them during the entire time-out [​IMG]

7. CarbonX13

CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Aug 27, 2010
    Taiwan
    Vancouver, B.C.
    I have never seen a team get outshot by so much and still manage to pull a victory out. Back-to-back-to-back 5-on-3 power plays definitely didn't help the Sharks, and I thought the game was over with those penalties early, but the Canucks killed them all off.

8. Porygon-X
    OP

Porygon-X GBAtemp Fan

Aug 18, 2009
    Switzerland
    Canada. Shieeet
    Today is a big day for Canuck fans!

17 years ago today, the Vancouver Canucks defeated the Maple Leafs in 5 games to advance to the Stanley Cup Final !!

Yay! Go Canucks Go!

9. ShadowSoldier

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    It's scary the number of Canucks fans around the world. Hopefully the Canucks can put the Sharks away tonight. Give them a bit of a break before the Finals.

10. CarbonX13

CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Aug 27, 2010
    Taiwan
    Vancouver, B.C.
    If the Canucks don't finish off the Sharks today, I see the series going to 7 games. I have doubts the Canucks can pull a victory back in San Jose again, especially with the way they've played there in the last couple of games (little offense). We were lucky that the Sharks handed us those 5-on-3 chances in the 2nd. Hopefully the defense and Luongo are as strong as they were in Game 4, otherwise I'd hate to see this go to 7.

11. Porygon-X
    OP

Porygon-X GBAtemp Fan

Aug 18, 2009
    Switzerland
    Canada. Shieeet
    YES! OSDJF; DFOKJGAP OGKJA PDGKOJA SPDOGKJA SPDOGKJ

14 seconds! This is looking more and more like the 1994 Cup Run LOL. WHO PLAYS GREG ADAMS?

12. ShadowSoldier

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    I want to buy a Kessler jersey so bad. They got the fans on their side now, no reason not to win.

I'm just surprised the Green Men hasn't done anything to keep the fans cheering.

13. Porygon-X
    OP

Porygon-X GBAtemp Fan

Aug 18, 2009
    Switzerland
    Canada. Shieeet

LOL did you seen the WOMEN dressed in full spandex? I was like... okay I didn't know the green men had sisters...

14. ShadowSoldier

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    What a joke. Someone posted on the Green Men's page on facebook, saying someone told them that CBC isn't giving the green men any air time, saying they're a disgrace to hockey.

15. Porygon-X
    OP

Porygon-X GBAtemp Fan

Aug 18, 2009
    Switzerland
    Canada. Shieeet
    WE WIN! WE WIN! YAYYAYAYAYAYAY

17 YEARS BABY! 17 YEARS!

16. ShadowSoldier

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Let's just hope that history doesn't repeat itself. 17 years ago today, the Canucks made it to the finals, and lost. They got there by winning in 5 games in the third round, and scoring in double overtime. The exact same result as tonight.

Keep them superstitions up. I am.

And to think, people wanted to trade Bieksa at the beginning of the season saying he wasn't contributing enough.

GO CANUCKS GO! GO CANUCKS GO!

Also something fun:

Round 1 vs Chicago: Canucks won in 7 games.
    Round 2 vs Nashville: Canucks won in 6 games.
    Round 3 vs San Jose: Canucks won in 5 games.

I just hope they don't win the cup in 4, because I'd rather have them win the cup here. Win the first 3, rest game 4, then destroy the other team at home!!!

17. CarbonX13

CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Aug 27, 2010
    Taiwan
    Vancouver, B.C.
    One of the most unusual series clinching goals I've ever seen. [​IMG] If the Canucks do face Tampa Bay in the finals, they will for sure annihilate the Bolts and win the Cup, unless TB pulls some miraculous play out of their asses. Going against Boston, I'd say we'd have to see on the play of Tim Thomas and the Bruins defense before making any jumps.

18. ShadowSoldier

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    If they do play the Bolts, it's going to tough for them because where Tampa is giving everything they have now just to survive, they might end up tired.

19. Porygon-X
    OP

Porygon-X GBAtemp Fan

Aug 18, 2009
    Switzerland
    Canada. Shieeet
    Yeah, but here's ANOTHER cool fact.

1982 - Stan Smyl picked up the Clearance Campbell Cup. Didn't win the Stanley Cup
    1994 - Trevor Linden picked up the Clearance Campbell Cup as well and it broke. Didn't win the Stanley Cup.
    2011 - Henrik Sedin doesn't even THINK about picking it up. WE WIN?

20. ShadowSoldier

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    It didn't break, the lid just came off.

But I think it's their new superstition. Notice not all of them are growing playoff beards? Luongo shaves sometimes. They didn't touch the other trophies or the President's trophy either.

They want the main prize. I don't blame them.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted