Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CarbonX13 said:
Roberto Luongo always seems to blow the Canucks' one-goal leads late in the game to send the game to overtime during the play-offs. *sigh*

During the playoffs? That's like his 7th time this year.

The Nashville/Vancouver series is pretty boring. But that's the kind of teams they are, they're simply too tight of teams. I expect a lot of 1-0, 2-1 games. If it wasn't for Rinne though, the series would easily be down 3-0 in Vancouver's favor. That guy is simply a wall. The Canucks need to put more bodies in front of him so he can't see. Because right now, he's getting everything.

I was happy the Canucks won last night. Kessler is a machine. Him and the Sedin twins should be getting the same kind of respect that Crosby, and Ovechkin and other Superstars are getting. Too bad they're not though :/

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Ryan Kesler definitely deserves more respect than he currently has. The Sedin twins are on a huge cold streak right now, which kind of sucks when you look at the number of shots they're putting on goal.

Also, Washington getting sweeped has been the funniest thing to happen in the playoffs yet.

Porygon-X

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
I honestly did not expect to be writing up the conference final match-ups already, but with Tampa sweeping Washington, they're now only 8 wins away from capturing the elusive cup!

The Detroit-San Jose game is still in OT; will update when it finishes.

Porygon-X

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yay for the Canucks winning tonight who are now up 3-1 on the Preds. I hope they can manage to finish them off Saturday!

If they do, and every other series manages sweeps, what a short second round LOL.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
And I thought this thread is where I can share my love for the Boston Celtics.
frown.gif

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just out of interest, do you hockey enthusiasts not care at all about the ongoing world cup?

Personally I don't really watch hockey, but it is definitely the sport I find most interesting to watch. Never watched NHL though.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mazor said:
Just out of interest, do you hockey enthusiasts not care at all about the ongoing world cup?

Personally I don't really watch hockey, but it is definitely the sport I find most interesting to watch. Never watched NHL though.
No one cares about it except for the fans of teams who didn't make the post season or are eliminated. At least Canada is whooping ass this year though. To be honest, we only care about it in Canada but it's not as important as the World Junior tournaments and the Canada vs Russia series. Also, it's the European style of hockey where no hitting is allowed which is boring, I blame Euro players because they are all small and people get butt hurt when you crush them into the boards in international play.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Porygon-X said:
The Red Wings force game 6 and the Canucks fail to close out Preds.

Seriously what's wrong Canucks with closing a series early yeesh

No team should be trying to win in 4. It might sound good, but it's actually worse than winning in 7. If you win in 4, you become stiff and stale while waiting for other teams. Winning in 5 or 6, you still get a bit of a break, but your body is still in that "GO" mode.

QUOTE(Mazor @ May 9 2011, 02:27 AM) Just out of interest, do you hockey enthusiasts not care at all about the ongoing world cup?

lol soccer.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Mazor said:

What World Cup are you referring to? IIHF World Championships? I wouldn't care for Team Canada if they're missing half the roster that should be there.
rolleyes.gif
If it's something like cricket, soccer, or among those likes, I wouldn't care at all.
laugh.gif

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
lol soccer.
No, I didn't mention soccer. There's a world cup (even though it might be called something else in English for no reason) for hockey too.

QUOTE(CarbonX13 @ May 10 2011, 06:10 AM) What World Cup are you referring to? IIHF World Championships?
Yes, this would be what I was referring to.

From what I've heard there are some bullshit rules. Canada beat Sweden 3-2, but that's apparently just going to lead to Canada having to play top tier Russia first game outside of pools, whereas Sweden gets to play low tier Germany thanks to their loss.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eh, the NHL playoffs are more exciting.

The only juniors I watch is the one that takes place around New Years (im drawing a blank).

Did anybody watch all of the Nashville vs. Canucks game? You gotta admit, even if you're a Nashville fan, you can't help be shocked at how well Kessler is playing. This series really was his. Hell even during the Chicago series, he didn't score, but he kept A LOT of points off the board for Chicago. After Sedin gives up the C, it should be given to Kessler no doubt about it.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
ShadowSoldier said:
Eh, the NHL playoffs are more exciting.

The only juniors I watch is the one that takes place around New Years (im drawing a blank).

Did anybody watch all of the Nashville vs. Canucks game? You gotta admit, even if you're a Nashville fan, you can't help be shocked at how well Kessler is playing. This series really was his. Hell even during the Chicago series, he didn't score, but he kept A LOT of points off the board for Chicago. After Sedin gives up the C, it should be given to Kessler no doubt about it.
I already thought Kesler deserved to be captain even before Henrik became one this season. These playoffs have been evidence why, he is easily the best player on the Canucks team.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
San Jose avoided what could've been quite an embarrassing loss, knocking Detroit out.

Conference finals boils down to them vs the Nucks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.