Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ten quid from dealextreme
biggrin.gif
(inc delivery of course!)

I would highly recommend the acekard, my R4 got lost and i bought one of these as a replacement. For the price, it's extremely reasonable and it's got all the stuff that more expensive cards don't
smile.gif

At this price point, it'd be silly to buy an RPG for the built in memory when flash memory is falling in price like a stone. When i got my R4, 2GB would cost about 25 - now that's the same price for an 8GB
biggrin.gif

ToddlerTN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the things I like about CycloDS is how you can hide folders and files without an NDS extension. My kids are young and I don't want them confused by menus or options they don't need, or that could mess up their configuration. Would anybody disagree that CycloDS is the best option for my scenario?

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ToddlerTN said:
One of the things I like about CycloDS is how you can hide folders and files without an NDS extension. My kids are young and I don't want them confused by menus or options they don't need, or that could mess up their configuration. Would anybody disagree that CycloDS is the best option for my scenario?
You can do this with Acekard 2 as well.

0wn3d

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Been using the ace 2 now for about a week And guys and gals it's the one to buy, instantly saves no issues as yet that i have come across and runs every thing i throw at it, even a few emulators, been playing a blast from the past again, Paperboy 2 hell yeah lol. Also compat whit slot 2 solutions as well, And skinable if ya want to mess about with that kinda stuff, good for all you home brewers out there

But seriously you can speed the gui loading up by dropping to list form but tbh you can hardly notice, And not really noticed any lag on vids or the games as such,

1 piece of advice though update your card to the latest software before saving any thing as they wont work after the update and you'll need to start your game all over, But this is more common sense than a con.

Last few words before i go and leave you all to it, If your thinking about buying this card do it, if not why not,

Acekard team great card keep up the good work, you guys rock and cyclo jog on

Acekard 2
2 gig kingston msd
crystal cased dsl

Helldiver

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I bought 2 acekard few weeks ago (first one and after 2 days the second one).

I am very impressed how easy to use they are. Plus with the Micro SD price going down I hope to get a 8GB or more for Christmas.

For the moment I manage to put around 85 games (leaving 100 MB for the saved games file) on a 4GB SD micro (SDHC) card. I have also install Moonshel for playing video and MP3, and it works great.

I have try something like 200 DS games and none have lag. (3 or 4 games don't work but I don't think it is the card but more the way the games were ripped). I possess around 20 original games and have try the same on the Acekard: NO differences!

The kids are also playing in wireless multiplayer mode (Between 2 DS - I play scrable with may wife,Chess with my father in law, 4 in a row or battleship with the kids) and also interacting with the Wii (Pokemon games played on TV screen) and it work like the original games would.

I would definitly recommend the Acecard 2. (For 38,00Euro per piece + 18,00Euro per 4GB SD Micro card it's really a bargain - I know you can find it cheaper but where I leave I didn't have to much choice).

Hope these few comments help.

Best regards

Helldiver

PS: Do follow the instruction exactly as said in the manual. I have try first my way and it didn't work! My wife went to read the few line of the Acekard manual and .... she made it! (shame on me) :-)

sturmen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
With the latest firmware (4.09), does it have native support for AR codes in the .dat or .xml format? It says so in the changelog… but flashcard manufacturers have a habit of overselling themselves.

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this question has been asked a billion times already, but a lot of people are saying the AK2 has a very high failure rate. Is this true?

MARKISHA 78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wacko.gif
mad.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
Help this is my first post i just bought the acekard 2 for my son, and i can't figure out how to extract the file and save to the root of my sd card. Please someone help me he's really dissappointed, and trying not to show it
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MARKISHA 78 said:
wacko.gif
mad.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
Help this is my first post i just bought the acekard 2 for my son, and i can't figure out how to extract the file and save to the root of my sd card. Please someone help me he's really dissappointed, and trying not to show it
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

1. Download winrar
2. install it
3. right click the acekard folder
4. click extract here
5. copy all of the contents that went to the place you extracted to onto the acekard.

dinomoalec

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the Acekard 2 is definitely the best...
Its inexpensive (I picked it up for $68 AUD)
Its simple, useful and great if you are having trouble with money (especially with the finacial market)
I like it you open it up on the Computer dwnload you games onto it and off you go...
yaynds.gif

lvt06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dinomoalec said:
Its simple, useful and great if you are having trouble with money (especially with the finacial market)
I like it you open it up on the Computer dwnload you games onto it and off you go...
yaynds.gif

$68....

I just got mine for $15 AUD.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
dinomoalec said:
yaynds.gif

sure you didn't buy the RPG?

-aw

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I know this is a very old review, but there's anybody with both AK 2 (the original) still alive and 2.1 that can make a test of comparison of battery consumption between original cart, AK2 and AK 2.1? Thanks in advance.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
I just bought my Acekard 2 on DealWoot.

Not only am I making a great upgrade, but I can give my M3 to my brother. He'll be so happy
happy.gif

And it'd better be worth the $30 or I'll be pissed like a mother cunt fucker
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto