Status
Not open for further replies.

shyam513

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've nearly finished the 50000 words of novel I was writing this month. I obviously can't post the wholet hing here, but there are some bits I'd like tolet you guys see. What the max post here, Sterling?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could always pastebin it or something and drop the link here or PM the link to Guild members only if you're worried someone might try to pilfer your work.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shyam513 said:
I've nearly finished the 50000 words of novel I was writing this month. I obviously can't post the wholet hing here, but there are some bits I'd like tolet you guys see. What the max post here, Sterling?

When I first read that novels are usually 50k+ words, I was like "No way in hell I can try writing something that long." So of course I tried.
rolleyes.gif
I'm at 46k now, and I'm like "50k words sounds awfully short, I need a few more chapters."

Sounds real hard to do the whole thing in 1 month though. How is/was it? That's, uh, 1666 words or so a day for 30 days?

I think Olb8oy is right, you can always PM it or something. Depends on your preferences, I suppose, but formatting is a bit hard here [i.e. you have to re-do each bolded, italicized, underlined part, etc manually], if you happen to need it in the story. In any case, I'd love to read it.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm almost wondering if it might be worth sharing our stuff via FTP... Just uploading updates as they are available and giving members access to the items any time. We could also upload edits for each other...

edit...

okay, I have an idea...

would anyone be interested in a separate Google site where we could share our work? We could continue to run applications and gather here at GBAtemp and just use a separate place for sharing and editing, since we all have so much to say and not a lot of room to say it.

shyam513

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, it won't be 50k till the end of the month, and it need some major editing. Hoping to have the proof copy in my hands by september though. Also - the ftp's not a bad idea either - I've got volumes of stuff I've written here XD

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, that's not a bad idea Old8oy. Would you mind setting it up? The only reason I ask is because I have no idea how to even start.

ShinyJellicent12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, it's going to take me awhile because my parents took away my computer and I don't have much time to go on, less time to access GBAtemp and my files.
And besides, my flashdrive erased my files again and I have to use TestDisk.
I do have the file, but it's on my computer, which I know where it is but I can't use it. :| My sister doesn't let me.
The story will come eventually.
---
@Sterling
You want to create a Google Group? You can also share stuff from there, I believe.

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hm... Just a thought, but, does the Temp have any regular book reviews at all?

At the moment I'm on a little hiatus on my writing due to physical and mental constraints [though I have gone back to the beginnings of Ch. 9 just now, just trying to get back on the rhythm]. However, I do have half a mind to do a book review, partly coz it sounds fun, partly because it gives me a way to see exactly why I like the books I like and hate the ones I hate [though to be perfectly frank, why on earth would I review a book I loathe? *cough*twilight*cough*].

Should I try it?

EDIT: The official reviews section seems to be for games/hardware only, so if I do try this, I'd prob put it in BMT&M. Hm...

shyam513

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Shinigami - I did one for my reviewers position. It's on pg6, and is based on the book Northern Lights. If you want some more, I've got plenty here

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, check that... PM me the email address that you'd like to sign-in with.

each member is listed by their GBAtemp username so if you would like to be known by some other name there, please let me know.

ShinyJellicent12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My submission for this week's challenge. (That Sonic thing is literally going to have to wait. I'm seriously booked.)
---
The lightning descends, striking with a mighty, shocking blow.
The pain splits through your body, but mainly your heart.
The tornado rages angrily through your body, playing with your emotions.
The drizzle of rain finally escapes your body.
The mind realizes the true meaning.
The meaning of grief.
---
Sorry, no Sonic thing anymore. Don't ask why, either. Because you really do not want to know. =-_="

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, I'm trying to get back into my groove [it's a long story - the tl;dr version is that my mom got sick at the end of June and isn't fully recovered yet, so my focus that used to be centered on my writing is wrecked]. I did finish part 8 of my "novel"-in-the-making, so I guess I'm still semi-functional to some extent. Just not to the level I want to maintain.

Anyway, I'll give out weekly challenge a go real soon [hopefully my seeming allergy to short fiction does not crop up]. Also, I'm intrigued by the whole uploading idea.

@Old8oy - PM you soon about that.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. Gotta get back to writing.

EDIT:

Quick question to all Brits and Americans. I've written most of the story mostly using a more "Americanized" version of the English language. I'm doing some edits now, and I notice I used the term "fortnight" [which is 2 weeks], which as far as I'm informed, is very British. Should I change that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...