Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I won't pretend I'm some kind of expert on web development, but I think I know what I'm talking about. Of course, removing IPB removes all security issues related to IPB specifically, but I can imagine that because of the time pressure, the new setup might still contain some other weaknesses. Especially if some code was written specifically for the site and was not part of XenForo or any other software package, the possibility of errors being in there exists.

I don't mean to be overly negative, but the fact of the matter is that GBAtemp has only recently been hacked because of security issues; I think it's only fair to be critical of their security policy now.
The majority of custom features are not here right now because they'd need to be remade to be safe. Blogs? On hold. Wiki? On hold. Portal categories? On hold. I can't say anything about the mag staff controls now, but they looked rather custom on the old system too, and mag staff is likely using a different input system.

Welcome back! I do have one question: Doesn't the change in forum software now break any links to old threads? Also, are the medals gone for good?
Costello/Tj said they wrote up a redirection script (I'm assuming mod_rewrite or the like) to make old links point to new threads properly.

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yay Temp is back again :D
Prefer the old look, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. New features sound awesome.
Can't access the site from phone though (using Opera Mini). Says my IP is blocked :(

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i seem to notice that the tooltip on the homepage seems to stretch the window horizontally and add a scroll bar.
also, when quick replying, the page shows the current page i am on yet the contents seem to be of the last page.

Did u buy this package? oh the dedication.
Also the content does not change after i edit unless i refresh the page.

I think for me the most important feature is notifications for quotes and new threads etc.

Thanks and remember what blackbox says:
Do it faster, makes you better! Do it harder, make us stronger!
Take that hackers!

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Almost everything looks off for now. Doesn't feel like my old home.
Well, it takes time to get used to.

Though one thing is it feels faster to get around stuff.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dunno if this has been mentioned in this thread or elsewhere but all of a sudden I am getting emails anytime someone posts in a thread I have ever posted in. How do I stop this? I have scoured the settings pages and can't find anything.

elisherer

I ♥ 3DS
Trophies
Website
www.sherer.co.il
XP
Country
Iceland
Great that you're back!!!
1. Is there a "compact" mode like google has? the design is very large.
2. Will there going to be a support for animated gifs like the last forum?

EDIT: You can see the animated gif on the "profile" page.

EDIT2: The edit window looks awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn, McDonalds burgers are as small as White castle burgers nowdays , but cost double.