GBAtemp Tempmas Mini-Competition #19

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Ace Gunman, Dec 21, 2008.

Dec 21, 2008
  1. Ace Gunman
    OP

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    [​IMG] GBAtemp Tempmas Mini-Competition #19
    Know Your Temps Scavenger Hunt!

Yesterday's Competition Winner: sanoblue! Congratulations sanoblue! Your entry looked good enough to eat! In fact, the staff really ate it up! And from the crums did come a winner! You'll be contacted about your prize shortly.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ohhhhh Cwistmas twee, oh Cwistmas twee! It's almost that time of the year, mewwy Cwistmas evwy one! Time for Tempmas competition #19!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Today's competition
    Uhuhuhuhuh, be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting KYTs. That's right, we're going hunting... for knowledge! It's a scavenger hunt this time around, and the Know Your Temps/KYT topics are your hunting grounds. All you have to do is follow the clues to the respective KYT sessions, get the correct answers and images, and send them our way!

In 3 of the 5 posts where you'll find your answers, there are three images (one per post): A "super" console, a failed "portable" Nintendo system, and a baked good. Beware! Only two are usable, one of them is a lie. Only two of the three may be included in your entry, choose wisely!

To clarify, you need the two correct images AND the 5 correct answers in order to win. Choose the image that's a lie and you will lose. Include the two correct images alongside the answers and you won't.

Remember; do NOT post your answers in this thread... unless you want less of a chance to win! Also, you are only allowed one entry in this competition. If you make multiple entries, (even if you've realized that you have made a mistake, etc.) only your first entry will be accepted.

Read below for more details on how to enter!

Here are your FIVE clues! Read them carefully! HINT: Some members have changed their names since their KYT session. You can find a list of the KYTs here.

Q1. If Lilsypha were to face Godzilla in hand-to-hand combat... what monster would she choose to be?
    Q2. What is mthrnite's favorite video game hero or heroine and why?
    Q3. If Shinji could only teach one thing to his boy what would it be?
    Q4. What would ShadowXP prefer, the ability to speak with Dolphins or the ability to speak with Elephants?
    Q5. What does the O in OSW stand for?

[​IMG] How to enter?
    Please follow these instructions very carefully! We will not accept your entry if you fail to comply with all the instructions.

To enter, simply send an email to xmas@gbatemp.net with your entry.. As mentioned above, unlike previous competitions; you must NOT post your entry on the forums. We only accept entries via e-mail.

A winner will be picked at random on closing time, so no need to rush your entries in.

[​IMG] Winners & prizes
    We will reveal the winner and the prize for this competition tomorrow, when the next competition is announced! Remember that prizes will be getting better and better at each competition, and that we will have a special contest on Christmas Eve! You have until tomorrow (Sunday the 21st), at 23:00 (11pm) GMT to enter this competition!

[​IMG] Special Thanks
    We would like to thank all the staff members that have been involved in the event organization so far, without forgetting our generous partner shops!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    YallStore.com · KickGaming.com · IShopVideoGame · DealWoot
    Remember that the best way you can support GBAtemp is to buy from our partner websites!
    The following stores have partnered with us for our Christmas Give-Away! Thanks to the following stores:
    [​IMG] · [​IMG] · [​IMG]
    [​IMG] GBAtemp Tempmas 2008 Advent Calendar

2. ricflairandy

Member ricflairandy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    not to sound bitter, but can i ask why mine didnt win? All the people that i have shown have thought it was by far the best, took hours to make, and is an actual propper cake. And as for the christmas theme, crackers and a snowman!

3. Defiance

Member Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

United States
    I'm sorry, but I really don't understand this... Are we supposed to be looking in the KYT threads that Sinkhead has posted, or..?

4. Ace Gunman
    OP

Canada
    Sorry you didn't win ricflairandy, I really liked your entry (voted for it, even). But as you know, voting is subjective, and the one above got the majority.

5. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    yeah im kinda confused?..
    is our entry supposed to be the answers of the 5 questions?
    or like. something about 2 of the 3 pics or something?

EDIT:actually i think i just saw
    images & answers?

6. ricflairandy

United Kingdom
    Thanks, i guess the winner has alot of friends on the panel then. I wouldnt mnd but i genuinly cant see how anyone could voite for the other over mine (no offense).

Mabey if id piled all of my games around it on the table mine would have had more votes, however i didnt realise that was took into consideration, i assumed it was creativity together with gbatemp and christmas. I dont think ill bother again, i know ill sound like a crybaby, which i suppose i am but this has took all day to do, and to get beaten by somthing that looks like it took a few mins (no offense meant please) is a bit hard to take.

7. Ace Gunman
    OP

Canada
    No, it's not about friends. It's about voting availability. You submitted yours so close to the deadline that there weren't enough people to vote and overrule what we had as the majority vote already.

8. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Nice competition, but I don't quite get it. Is one image a lie as in we simply won't need it because the staff only picked two or has it something to do with the content of the picture? I guess it's the first one, right?

9. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Dude, you're not the only one who lost. Everyone always thinks theirs is the best. You should just be happy you got to spend some quality time with your family. Thats what I got out of making mine with my parents.

10. Ace Gunman
    OP

Canada
    You can choose two of the 3 images, one one the 3 is a "lie" and will disqualify you.

11. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Okay, then I got it. Thanks for the fast answer Ace!

12. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Wait I'm not going to spoil anything but, for mthrnite's isn't it supposed to be hero/heroine , and not a video game character? Unless there was a game for him. [​IMG]

13. Ace Gunman
    OP

Canada
    Nope, the question up there is correct.

14. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    how do we know which one is lie?
    or we cant?
    would it be like just luck?

15. ricflairandy

United Kingdom

Hang on, so the earlier you submit it the more votes? That isnt said anywhere, all that is said is the deadline is 11pm, nothing about getting it in earlier. Surley all votes should be taken after the deadline. If you had said that, i would have saved my money and time and watche da film or somthing instead and not botherd atall instead of spending the day planning and looking for ingredients and then spending 5 hours to bake and decorate the thing

16. Kirby102

Member Kirby102 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    lol oh snap, I hope I accepted the right pictures... [​IMG]

Tricky tricky hints [​IMG] for them Qs [​IMG]

17. Ace Gunman
    OP

Canada
    No, the votes are done when people are available. The staff have lives outside of GBAtemp and can't all be on at 11PM GMT exactly. We vote when we can, no sooner or later. Some of us are from the UK, some from Australia, some from the US, some from Canada. We don't have a universal schedule.

18. ricflairandy

United Kingdom
    Well surley that should be in the competition details. I mean why bother to have a deadline if its kind of pointless? I know im flogging a dead horse, and its not about the prize i dont want whatever it is, its about the effort i put into it.

Surley a vote should be taken after the deadline, even if that means the results being made available the next day?

19. Ace Gunman
    OP

Canada
    Again, sorry you didn't win, but the voting process is subjective. The best in the majority of the staffs eyes wins the prize. If we went by the one you liked best, or the one the community likes best, that wouldn't be us voting.

EDIT: It's not possible, I'm afraid. We all have outside lives. This isn't a job we get paid for so we don't set our clocks around the forum. The voting fits around our schedules, which are all different.

20. ricflairandy

United Kingdom
    So can you confirm that by the time i posted, i had allready lost becuase people had allready voted? Desipite the fact that the competition clearly states 11pm as the deadline for submissions?

What a farce, and i know people probably wont agree with me in fear of upsetitng people or just to brown nose, but the whole thing stinks. Can you please tell me the point of the deadline if thats the case?

U understand you all have lives to get on with, so do i, but to say get your entries in by 11 and well decide a winner, but really to have allready decided that winner is not on really is it. Can anyone help me to post a poll with the picture of the winners cake (if you can call it that) and mine please to see what people would vote for it if it was on an even playing field.

And sorry if im sounding nasty with the degredation of the winners winning thing, but its not a cake and im bitter, justifyibly.

Can i suggest that in the comptitions you clarifiy in the future that the deadline doesnt actually mean anything, and that the quicker you get your entry in the more chance you have of people voting for you. As if id known at midday today that i was going to spend the next 10 hours preparing and making a cake, but actually it was pointless as voting had allready started i wouldnt have botherd and owuld have spent my money on somthing better.