Congrats Psyfire
smileipb2.png

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I loved your entry Orc. I voted for you!
Also, p1ngpong I can't help laughing when I watch that sig of yours
laugh.gif
(but I dont like the ava).

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Costello said:
I loved your entry Orc. I voted for you!
Also, p1ngpong I can't help laughing when I watch that sig of yours
laugh.gif
(but I dont like the ava).

Hehe fair enough, send me some pictures of yourself and il make a better one!
wink.gif

smileipb2.png

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I think of GBATemp? Simply put, it's a cool place for cool people to do stuff that we find pretty cool. Typically, people can't handle Naked Peach, but GBATempers have been able to handle my style and more - I've received quite a few cool PMs asking for the source of my amazing avatar. Not only that, but thanks to homebrew (and the cool friendly friends here at the Temp) I've been able to make my Wii even cooler than it already was. So, cool place, for sure. One of the coolest on the net, and through my postings, it'll only get cooler from here.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Xta Large said:
What do I think of GBATemp? Simply put, it's a cool place for cool people to do stuff that we find pretty cool. Typically, people can't handle Naked Peach, but GBATempers have been able to handle my style and more - I've received quite a few cool PMs asking for the source of my amazing avatar. Not only that, but thanks to homebrew (and the cool friendly friends here at the Temp) I've been able to make my Wii even cooler than it already was. So, cool place, for sure. One of the coolest on the net, and through my postings, it'll only get cooler from here.
Very cool
laugh.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GBAtemp is great for displaying news on what's good on the Wii/DS Scenes, but sometimes it feels like there's too much stuff to load, especially when on smaller resolution devices. Also because of this and/or coding problems, the formatting often seems off. But as for GBAtemp and its community, among the best/well-behaved of any other the other forums I visit--especially one full of so many kids. I frequent other forums filled with more adults and they sometimes have more issues. GBAtemp is like a highschool outside highschool. Minus the sluts, of course.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I actually wanted to win this competition I would probably spend more time on my entry and probably think of something clever or funny and probably put it with a really nice graphic and make it really snotty but this is just how I feel: what sets GBATemp apart from other normal gaming forums and sites is an engaged staff who thinks of themselves equal to their peer members and not higher authority. They also coordinate events pertaining to holiday celebrations which is really nice and shows how much they care not only about the site but to the actual members. Simply put, GBATemp is not just about gaming, it's a fun and nice community that is pretty hard to find anywhere else on the internet.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
Heres my entry to todays competition. . .
Well, Gbatemp is like my school. Except a hell of a lot cooler since its based around games and tv and not science math and english/whatever career your focusing on. In the morning, not many people are here, until its around that time when the first bell rings(7:20 at my school, not sure when that first bell rings on this website,) which is when everyone is here and starts commenting posting, and blogging. And every few hours you get into a class(Random times) with someone you know, and you guys start private messaging, or you have a battle in a thread and of course gets off topic so a mod(The teacher) tells you to stop or he'll delete your messages. And of course, when this school of a website ends, not many people are here, (11:00) And you end up being here alone, posting on pretty much every board, so that your post count will get up atleast by 10 before you go to bed. And then the day restarts until the weekends, when we're all here free to talk about nintendo ds hacks, the wii's homebrew and more. . .
Hope you enjoy my giant similie. It of course has some errors in grammer and punctuation, but right now, im too sleepy.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GBAtemp is an escape for me. I can escape from school, work, and life in general. Almost every second at home I have to do homework or sleep. During the maybe twenty minutes daily I visit, I can find out quickly (even though my dad Emules the shit out of our 768kbit verizon dsl) the latest news and games. I love how the members submit newly dumped games, and how they submit gaming-related news. I also love reading opinions on games, and love how members submit screens for most dumped games. I would then download the game that might seem interesting, and put it on my card.The things I hate is how people get out of hand very easily. Most threads can not go 20 posts without a flame. Well, everything has a bad side. This profound habit of clicking the GBAtemp bookmark whenever i fire up safari is going to occur until the last fumes spout out of mascot's throat. Anyways, GBAtemp is a lovely lively 20 minute hotel for me. Back to my homework.

EDIT: This is my entry, if it was not obvious.

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Hey every one , congrats to everyone who won, man i am trying hard every comp but i keep losing , oh well'

QUOTE said:
MY ENTRY FOR THIS COMP-=-

Gbatemp , i came to this place just to download a hombrew app 2 years back, stayed here for 5 mins , downloaded and then went off, then i stayed at DS-scene.net for a long time , i felt like i was missing something, came here an VOILA! i got such a warm welcome and everything felt like it was right there for me and anything i wanted was in front of me!, Gbatemp supported me not only for finding hombrews apps, any help i wanted was found or given on Gbatemp in minutes. Then i started making topics and got more socialy involved , i saw blogs and everything and felt like as if this was a place where i can just chill , hangout and sHare my thoughts , if they are bad or good..It was like as if i had made a "Real Friend"(it just felt like it)..

THen even the social talks got me involved and i got addicted to gbatemp, this site is perfect for anything , not only games and tech talk but social talk too!..You can reach the limits here, The people were so nice and talked very nicely (some were a bit sad tho..lol) in the starting i used to write in "Slang" but then members helps me and i started to improve my writing on the internet.

Gbatemp , you can ask for anything , like once i asked for help in a school project and got a great idea from members!, its as if like its a homework center too!, Now I CANT LEAVE GBATEMP, FOR SOME REASON I KEEP COMING BACK ATLEAST once every 15 minutes just to see whats going on the website, On the whole gbatemp is not just a gaming site its a place like no other , a place in which you can talk about anything and feel like never before..I have never been addicted to something else then GBATEMP!
LONG LIVE THIS WEBSITE
wub.gif
lecture.gif
!!

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My entry.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE said:
GBAtemp Review.

- Introduction

“GBAtemp began as a small GBA ROM site in 2002, created by it's original admin, an Italian guy named KiVan.

KiVan was a GBA scene freak, always behind the latest ROM releases. He was both for playing them (first on emulator, then came the 'real hardware', aka flash carts) and for sharing them with others.

Motivated by his passion for the GBA games and by the relative difficulty of getting the ROMs on IRC channels soon after the release, he came up with the idea to host some of the latest ROMs himself, to help out close and far friends that shared his same passion: the GBA. So he started to keep a constantly up-to-date web page, where he provided always-working links to the LATEST 10 GBA ROMs. A very simple and straightforward page: just some text & images, and links to the ROMs of course...” (gbatempwiki)

Through the 5 years of GBAtemp’s history, GBAtemp went through many renovations. And thus, the GBAtemp you see now is still lasting with a great community.

- Gameplay

Ah, the gameplay. Let’s begin at The Edge of the Forum once known as Testing Area. There are games such as The You Are Banned Game, Name the movie, and also a recent one: GBAtemp Murderer.

The games are endless. Make one up if you must and let the flow go the way it should. The Edge of the Forum definitely has the most selections of games. Don’t feel like naming movies? What about finding out who murdered you? Or, make up a game about making a game!

8/10 GBAtemp definitely needs more varieties and creativity though. Not saying that there isn’t a lot, but the more there is, the more the community populates!

- Graphics

Awesome. GBAtemp has many talented artists. You don’t necessarily need to be a good artist to be an artist. Does that make sense? Everyone has their style in tastes. What may look aesthetically pleasing to certain viewers, may look different in others! Check out what kind of talent GBAtemp has! Visit us at the Computer Graphics and Art topic!

9/10 Many talented artists. I would love to see this section more active though.

- Sound

What kind of music do you like? Or.. do you prefer listening to MIDI instead? Everyone’s taste vary in this topic as well. Whenever you’re bored, and not in the mood for music, try videos instead! We have a wonderful selection, made from the community, of videos mainly from youtube. Check it out at General Off-Topic Chat >> Youtube Gold.

8.5/10 There’s so many Youtube videos, but the Youtube forum isn’t active! Let’s make it more active people!
wink.gif

- Lasting Replay

I have to admit. I’ve been around for 2 years, and I’m still here. This is the FIRST forum I’ve ever been hooked on. I’ve NEVER achieved a post of 200+ on any forums before. Not only is this community about gaming, but there’s a wide variety of other things. A lot of members contribute very interesting information as well. Everyone contributes a bit, but in the end, it adds up and becomes a lot.

You can’t technically “replay” GBAtemp. But, you can get addicted to it! (I’m going to fail my exam…)

10/10

- Overall

GBAtemp’s great. A great community. A wide variety of people. Common interest amongst others. Interesting topics. Funny members. Talented members. Great contests. Must I list more?

11/10 Thanks for making me fail my future exam GBAtemp.
biggrin.gif

-Anakir.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This past November marked my 6th year at gbatemp. I was 15 when I first came across the site, I'm now 21. I don't know why I wanted to say that but it's one of those strange things that when you realize it, just makes you pause and think. 6 years... it's kind of hard to put into words.

For me gbatemp has been many things, but I guess it started as a source of information. Rom, IRC, F-serv, VBA, BIOS, this stuff was like a foreign language to me and all I wanted to do was play pokemon on my computer. To be honest my google-fu (yahoo-fu to be exact) was weak then, half the time I ended up with a virus. But all the difficulties I ran into were kind of a blessing in disguise, because I eventually stumbled upon gbatemp. Like most people I joined because I was looking for assistance. I stayed however, because I had never encountered such a close knit online community. I remember when I first got on the EFnet channel, these guys were like my own personal customer support. Eager to help and quick to share. There were jokes and friendly teasing, but never no offense and certainly never any mean intentions; just good times. I guess the greatest thing about it all was how infectious it proved to be. It wasn't long before I was idled in #gbatemp, explaining DCC to “newbs” and throwing my own F-serv up whenever the channel got flooded for popular releases.

I'm far removed from those days now, I lack the time for IRC and I've lost touch with most of the buddies I made back then. But I still come to the site religiously. I tell myself I do it for the news, but I can never resist peeking over at the “Latest Discussions”. It's like a slice of nostalgia for me. In many ways I feel like me and the temp grew up together. I've watched it change and grow, as I made the occasional post here and there. Little did I know at the time that these posts could one day serve as a chronicling of my own growth. I have a lot of good memories, but like any relationship it hasn't always been sweet. Some days it's a god damn annoyance, other days an unwanted distraction and I have on multiple occasions swore that I'm done. But I never stick to my word, because gbatemp is worth far more than it's minor flaws or occasional hiccups. To me gbatemp is a staple of my day, a source of humor, a well-spring of knowledge, a center for spirited debate and most importantly a friendly environment.

There really isn't anywhere else quite like it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.