Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
GBAtemp Releases Management Center
For staff and members!
Posting new releases on GBAtemp has always been a task reserved to our staff members, mainly because our posting scripts were terrible in terms of security and ease of use. But now with our new Releases Management Center, all our problems are solved!

Not only everything is regrouped on the same page - adding/editing/deleting NDS/Wii/GBA releases, but members are now allowed to post releases! So if you're quicker than us at spotting releases, feel free to contribute and lighten our workload! Just be aware of the fact that member submitted releases will have to go through validation before showing up in the release list & portal.

icon11.gif
Visit the GBAtemp Releases Management Center

Quick notes on how to use this module: first, we'd like to ask you to submit a release only when you're absolutely certain that the release is real. Also note that we will not accept incomplete submissions (missing boxart, nfo, etc.) or improperly formatted information. Thanks for your understanding!

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This is my favourite of the new features, it's like every member is now magazine staff! We tried a similar system on PSPSaves with the users being able to submit new saves, tools and apps and it worked out really well. Takes a lot of strain off the usual news posters and also ensures you have the latest news and info posted at all times as theres potentially 1000s of people about to post the latest release.
If anyone isn't 100% certain if a release is new it's best to check #NDSTemp for NDS, #GBATemp for GBA and #WiiTemp for Wii all on efnet.

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
it's fuctions like these that make it kinda annoying that gbatemp's release list is diffrent than everybody else's (right now gbatemp's gba release #2779 is 2772 on other sites and the 1535 ds release on gbatemp is 1537)

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it's fuctions like these that make it kinda annoying that gbatemp's release list is diffrent than everybody else's (right now gbatemp's gba release #2779 is 2772 on other sites and the 1535 ds release on gbatemp is 1537)

We aren't the only ones with this numbering. I can think of 3 other sites off the top of my head that follow the same system.

dualscreenman

Trophies
Website
kodewerx.net
XP
Country
United States
Any way to add stuff to already-posted news items, such as savetypes? I've noticed that save information is rarely posted, and since I use emulators a lot with code hacking I've got some of the savetypes figured out.

*EDIT*
I'm a blockhead, it seem that the feature isn't available for lowly members such as myself. (As in, the feature isn't bolded)

...Carry on.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Can we use this to report homebrew release too?

You can use all of the options that are in bold when you go to the RMC page. If you look at the screenshot in Costello's opening post, you can see all of the available options.
Editing existing information is mainly a staff option for obvious reasons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over