Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
gbatemp_recommends_revivla_logo2_build-1.png

Welcome to the 12th issue of the GBAtemp Recommends Revival Project! This project is a weekly magazine feature where we share our favorite games and applications with you. The things we recommend may be "old school" titles, a Homebrew, a ROM hack, sleeper hits, an application, etc, but one thing's for certain, we think they are fantastic and deserve your attention!

GBAtemp Recommends!

5nake​
gallery_111084_186_3957.png

Snake is a game of growth in which the main character must eat various objects on the screen. The game becomes increasing more difficult as the snake grows in size thus hampering movement. The game of snake has appeared on multiple systems over the years, yet some of the best versions have been compiled by Homebrew developers. As a result, snake is often thought of as the “hello world” game for most first time programmers.

5nake is JustBurn’s and MattTS’ (featuring music by Kepler) Homebrew take of this popular game. Where most games of snake are simple in nature, 5nake shines by offering many additions which increase the replay value. These additions include power-ups (slow-motion, don’t grow, shrink, score multipliers, etc), custom levels via a level editor, un-lockable levels, multiple game modes, and graphical themes.

The game's multiple play modes include mission, practice, and survival. In the mission mode the player must collect a required number of fruits to advance to the next level. In survival mode the player must eat before the number of allowed steps run out. Practice mode allows players to replay any level unlocked in either of these two modes. In addition to the 3 modes the game offers 3 levels of difficulty, which are easy, normal, and hard. The different difficulty levels alter gameplay by adjusting the amount of fruit, power-ups, and required steps.

5nake was originally released for the GBA and later ported to the NDS with the addition of stylus controls. Both ports feature the same fun, yet the NDS version truly shines on the larger DSi XL screens.

If you enjoy pick-up-and-play mini-game style action then be sure to give this Homebrew a try!

Genre: Mini-game
Type: Homebrew
Size: 626 KB
Coded by: JustBurn & MattTS with music by Kepler
System: GBA/NDS

If you enjoyed this weeks edition of GBAtemp Recommends! please leave a comment in the thread. This helps us monitor feedback and ensures we keep posting these magazine articles in the future. If you want to write for the GBAtemp Recommends, please PM a topic idea to Another World. Be sure to include a brief description and why you feel it is appropriate for the GBAtemp Recommends Revival project.

download.gif
 NDS Download
download.gif
 GBA Download
controller.png
Official GBAtemp Recommends! Mini-Page & History

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, Snake, I honestly can't believe that a homebrew/official version is not on ANY of my devices that I own, including my computer, time to download it for a few devices =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty @BigOnYa @BakerMan :creep: +3