GBAtemp Recommends! Golden Sun

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Vague Rant said:
People will play anything if it looks nice. Golden Sun did absolutely nothing interesting for the genre except look pretty on a handheld. It's depressing that it has such a following, even if it is only among teenagers who have never played a real RPG.
I for one really liked the Djin-system and found it really innovating. I have never seen something like it in other RPGs.
Ofcourse the story is opretty steriotypical but 90% of games are the same.

I found Golden Sun 2 fell short of the first one. It probably would have been better if they had followed their original plan and had made 3 parts with the same amount of story. That would have given them more time to focus on the individual parts...

But all in all I love those games and I really really hope that we will get a 3rd one. I mean we have to. We got end-data at the end of the 2nd. What are we supposed to do with that?
biggrin.gif

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow I'm already stuck at this game, I'm at the part right after the "3 years later", and some guy won't let me to the mountians =d

.TakaM said:
Edgedancer said:
Diablo1123 said:
Toni Plutonij said:
both fakes....here, link to site about fakes: http://kprs.laronmi.net/taow/speculation/fakes.htm
Says the makers are TakaM and Opium, aren't those two members here? xD

Is the Golden Sun Fake actually downloadable anywhere?
You would be right in speculting that. As far as I know it is in fact our own members that pulled the pranks mentioned.
yup.

If I recall correctly, my original GSDS fake sparked a topic here that a friend informed me of, I think I was already registered but the topic basically caused me to become a regular here
smile.gif

I've done a few other hoax things since then, but none had been as popular as my original GSDS thing, gamefaqs went especially crazy over it back in the day

edit-
here's how I originally released the original hoax image:
upkxg.png

I have no idea what the article says, it was the only one I could find that a DS screen fit next to nicely.
I don't know if it's even Japanese lol
Shortly after I revealed the source image just to prove it was a fake, but that kinda made it more popular and some people even made their own hoaxes with it
tongue.gif

And I dunno, you guys might get a kick out of this one too:
16bddl3.png

much less believable though
Take it thats more of your awesome graphics making skills at the bottom?
smile.gif

Whiternoise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought it was better than Final Fantasy to be honest.. I played it when i went camping once, just sat with my GBA outside the tent and cracked on with it - good times..

The story got really good after the first game, it was awesome transferring my party, and it was just a blast to play through. I've tried to get into FF many times and it just bores the crap out of me. I really need to try FF7..

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
i can't believe that haven't got golden sun on DS, it's so good. Best part was using algorithmic moves to make monsters drop rare items. Search it up if you don't know =P

fat3d

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
The best portable game ever
i will say this to RPG Gamers
this game have it all
story and graphic and it have real cool summons effects
even swords have summons
just play it
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

and second part
"golden sun the golden age"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare