OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I decided to check out the Patreon page
Link -> https://www.patreon.com/gbatemp
and I found that some of the goals are really fucking dumb
mainly the 2000 dollar goal is what I'm gonna be targeting is the $5000 goal and mainly this part
8CBsdAO.png

$5000 dollars to go ad free for everyone, now I disabled adblock on this site for the longest time and don't find them intruding at all but $5000?!
Let's think for a second, Xenforo yearly costs 560 with all the extras which would be a monthly $46.66
then let's VASTLY overestimate the server's monthly cost and say that it's $120 a month.
Now using very complicated math we can figure out that that's 166.66 a month for the site, and then of course the raffle for patreons which I'll figure at around 300 USD a month too.
Then of course I'm gonna assume the writers will be paid finally so let's get around another monthly loss of $1500 in there because I have no clue what they'd be paid
let's round that number up and we'll end up with around $2000.

soo what's the point with this tier? I refuse to believe that the reporters are about to get paid that much that that number will actually wind up at $5000 or even $4000 so what's going on here?

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Agree.
I don't want to bash the website a whole bunch because it's probably the only forum I actively use and enjoy. However, the amount of people using ad block anyway, they aren't going to earn anything... I doubt many will donate personally. It isn't hard to find an ad block plugin, if ads bother.
I don't think anyone will even consider it.
The asking price is also ridiculously high.

Reactions: LittleFlame

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for the off-topic here, but in which connection is GBAtemp to Filetrip? Is filetrip a sponsor or so?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I still don't see how that would ever add up to $5000

Run a site with as much traffic as GBATemp with little to no personal income put into it. I dare you.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Filetrip is Temp's download center.
As for the high price, raffles, building a small cache to fund shortcoming goals for server costs.

I'm 100% certain they got a real good explanation.

Reactions: Ericzander

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what im gathering is you pinpointed one part of the tier for goals and didnt bother to pay attention to the subsequent parts of the goal.

Like... okay, lets say you're right and it does reach the max of $2000 to cover all out site expenses. Did you even bother to read the other two goals of 3 reward tiers for bounties, AND consoles available for raffles? As in, we can use that patreon money to literally raffle back a full fucking console to our backers in the future, and afford to give out really nice rewards in our bounties?

DID YOU READ. THE WHOLE. THING?

/thread.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Don't forget about filetrip, expenses of server upgrades etc.
I've personally never used this service, and from the looks of things; neither do many others.
Sorry for the off-topic here, but in which connection is GBAtemp to Filetrip? Is filetrip a sponsor or so?
Some people don't even know what it has to do with the temp kek.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Filetrip is a part of the GBATemp network.

As to the patreon, these are just goals. That's simply what would happen if, for whatever reason, we get that much money donated per month. We're not forcing anyone to donate anything, so why the fuck should you bitch and moan about donation goals? Not to mention you left out things like the GBATemp Bounty awards, multiple raffles per month with game consoles, and other various things in your little "calculations".

EDIT: Fucking chavo :ph34r:

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've personally never used this service, and from the looks of things; neither do many others.

Some people don't even know what it has to do with the temp kek.

I have, since the days it was available.

Reactions: Ericzander
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-