Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
tk_saturn said:
Rydian said:
"Whoever they are", they're in Burin, Canada, using "Stentor National Integrated Communications Network" as their ISP, Windows 7, Chrome 4.1.249.1064, and they last viewed this thread on "May 06 15:18:15" US central time.
If you've added your signature so you collect IP address etc of people on GBAtemp, I think that's a little 'naughty'

Obviously you don't know how that's done then. That was the IP address from an editor on Wikipedia.
No, Rydian has a link to his website in his signature. When your browser displays that signature it visits his website, and when it does it tells his server your IP, your browser, ISP, and the URL you are viewing the signature on.

He's then compared the ip on WiKi, to the IP's that have viewed his signature from this thread. Rydian has that same information on you...

Having a link to a PHP page in his signature may be a breach of the rules

Dynamic and HTML-based images, as well as those with overly long animation sequences are also disallowed in your avatars and signatures.

It's one of the reasons I disable signatures.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tk_saturn said:
No, Rydian has a link to his website in his signature. When your browser displays that signature it visits his website, and when it does it tells his server your IP, your browser, ISP, and the URL you are viewing the signature on.

He's then compared the ip on WiKi, to the IP's that have viewed his signature from this thread. Rydian has that same information for you...

QUOTE said:
Dynamic and HTML-based images, as well as those with overly long animation sequences are also disallowed in your avatars and signatures.
Yes, I know that (you also quoted my pre-edit post).

I don't really mind that he has the info, as long as he doesn't hack me.
tongue.gif

I like his signature anyway.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
I revamped the article. The previous revisions were a mess.

GBAtemp is most certainly notable enough to be on Wikipedia, as is almost any site with 200,000+ registered users and this much traffic and influence. The problem is finding secondary sources - if you guys find any in mainstream media, please post it here or add it to the article.

Also, if you cannot adhere to Wikipedia's quality guidelines, you are better off not editing at all.

Also, neutrality. From the looks of it, you guys made this article with the wrong ideas in mind.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
coolbho3000 said:
if you cannot adhere to Wikipedia's quality guidelines, you are better off not editing at all.

Also, neutrality. From the looks of it, you guys made this article with the wrong ideas in mind.
If you're going to edit, then edit it. But there's no need to trash everyone else as you are doing it.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
coolbho3000 said:
if you cannot adhere to Wikipedia's quality guidelines, you are better off not editing at all.

If you're going to edit, then edit it. But there's no need to trash everyone else as you are doing it.
I'm just saying, if we want this to happen, then the article needs to leave a good impression.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
No, Rydian has a link to his website in his signature. When your browser displays that signature it visits his website, and when it does it tells his server your IP, your browser, ISP, and the URL you are viewing the signature on.And I'm getting that info from my server, not my signature. My signature's not set up to collect information, I've posted the source for it in another thread. In cpanel you can access your "latest visitors", I simply viewed that page and searched for the IP gotten off of wikipedia, and found it was somebody that had viewed this thread, so I decided to post the info in an attempt to scare off anybody else that would attempt to undermine this operation.

tk_saturn said:

QUOTEDynamic and HTML-based images, as well as those with overly long animation sequences are also disallowed in your avatars and signatures.

It's one of the reasons I disable signatures.
Ace Gunman has had interactive flash in his signature ever since I can remember, so I assumed that rule was meant to stop people that would add disruptive signatures, such as autoplaying music (which mods have taken action against here, while manual music is fine) or other things that would disrupt the board.

My signature averages under 5 KB (2KB or so with a short quote) and is not interactive or musical at all, nor does it collect any info.

And a main thing the article needs is references that aren't on gbatemp, if we want it to avoid deletion in the near future.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened to the infobar on the right of the page? I thought that was useful.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
SoulSnatcher said:
Why is the title GBAtemp.net?
Shouldn't it just be GBAtemp? 4chan isn't called 4chan.org on Wikipedia.
Because GBAtemp is 4chan now?
I copied it straight from the WikiTemp which says "GBAtemp.net" and OH! look, it also says it in the banner too.
What a shock.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
who the heck wrote that "Note: GBATemp faces much traffic everyday, so server down times are very common."
thats completely stupid and wrong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1