GBAtemp Bounty 2017 #1

gbatemp_bounty_2017.png

Today we are announcing the first GBAtemp Bounty for 2017 sponsored by GamePad Digital!

In previous GBAtemp bounties, we have called upon our members to code projects for various devices. This however, left a lot of our fellow Tempers out in the dark, as not everyone has the knowledge or skill to code apps and games.

So for the first triannual GBAtemp Bounty, we would like you to submit a project you have thought of, or are working on for the chance to win one of the following prizes:

Capture.JPG
Prize Bracket:
1 - GPD Pocket (worth $500)
2 - $100 Amazon gift card
3 - $50 Amazon gift card
4 - $25 Amazon gift card
5 - $25 Amazon gift card

Projects can literally be anything; are you good with art? Draw, paint or craft something for us to see! Maybe you are creative with woodwork, an avid gardener or like photography? You can also enter!
The usual coding entries will still be accepted, but this time we wanted to make it possible for as many members to take part as possible!

Of course all of this wouldn't be possible without the help of our GBAtemp Patrons and GamePad Digital (Thankyou!)

Terms:
- Closing date is September 30th 2017 - Post your entry in this thread or PM it to @T-hug
- Strictly one entry per GBAtemp account (dupes will all be disqualified)
- Document your creative process
- GBAtemp's staff decision is final

:arrow:Support GBAtemp on Patreon
:arrow:GPD Pocket on indiegogo
:arrow:GPD on AliExpress

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we allowed more than one entry? I ask because I have two things I would like to submit.

1.) Is a machine I built for the company I work for. They bid a job, and were going to sub-contract holes being cored out in a runway. They were given a quote of $4000 per hole, and there were 150+ holes. They told me " You got 8 months to figure something out ".

2.) My 15mo old little girl, I have a video of her at 9mo that just shows how genius she is.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we allowed more than one entry? I ask because I have two things I would like to submit.

1.) Is a machine I built for the company I work for. They bid a job, and were going to sub-contract holes being cored out in a runway. They were given a quote of $4000 per hole, and there were 150+ holes. They told me " You got 8 months to figure something out ".

2.) My 15mo old little girl, I have a video of her at 9mo that just shows how genius she is.
I'm pretty sure only one entry is excepted.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Strictly one entry per account, says so pretty clearly in the OP lol

Reactions: 0100100001001001

Pomegrenade

photon readings negative
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
We are kind of looking for something created for this contest. Stuff you already work on is fine but projects created just for this competition will be looked upon more favourably.
Will it count if I create a update for something i've already worked on, specifically for this competition? @T-hug

Last edited by Pomegrenade,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Might as well submit what I've been working on.

Fmdl Studio v2!
The goal of this project is to be able to import and export Fox Engine Models (.fmdl) to and from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

It started off with a guide I made a while back on how to fix the first-person view on NPC models so you could use them in model swaps and be able to see properly. I decided I wanted to make it even easier for people to be able to fix the first-person, so I started writing a tool for it. The FmdlTool. People mistook what the purpose of the FmdlTool was. They thought it was going to be a full-on importer/exporter for the game's models while my original intention was for it to only be used to fix the first-person. But I decided since nobody was looking into the .fmdl format anymore anyway, I'd pick it up and see if I actually could get custom model importing working.

I started off by essentially rewriting the MaxScript we currently used to view models in 3DS Max in C#. From there, I added what I knew additionally about the format to the tool. At that point, the tool pretty much became a tool for inspecting model data. I continued to reverse the format while another modder, Joey35233, began porting the FmdlTool's code over to Unity as Fmdl Studio v2 (the original Fmdl Studio was an abandoned tool made by another modder). We decided to use Unity since it can build models from data provided to it, and export the models that are built in it. Once I'd accomplished all I really could without visuals to aid me, I moved on from the FmdlTool and started working directly on Fmdl Studio v2 myself.

As of right now, the tool can import (unrigged) .fmdls directly into Unity. The bones do get imported as well though. So the next step is actually rigging the models.

XS30uhM.png

Update (2017-09-01): Rigging is now implemented. https://gyazo.com/0152ddb14ce0561def272f2919f8e7a7

Update (2017-09-20): Diffuse textures are also now applied automatically (hair looks a bit odd due to all textures being imported as DXT1 currently).
KvR3w4a.png

Update (2017-09-22): DXT5 textures are now read and applied correctly.
n5dzH2E.png

My repo of the project is here: https://github.com/BobDoleOwndU/FMDL-Studio-v2
Joey's is here: https://github.com/Joey35233/FMDL-Studio-v2

Last edited by BobDoleOwndU,
Reactions: iAqua and Scarlet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality