GBAtemp Arcade Competition #1

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yo! Just tried the game 2-3 times, at first I got a score of around 68k I was like "Wow I pwnt the game", *comes back next day, looks at highscores eyeballs fall off*, then I tried again and in midway had around 70k, closed the game because I wasn't even near to 300k let alone 100k then I realized this game requires alot of thinking and planning, just now got a score of 248k. I'll aim for 300k tomorrow until then enjoy the game guys :P

P.S. - I don't know about you guys but keeping this contest aside GBAtemp has provided me with a game which is great in music and quite addicting.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
This game is far too addictive V_V I'm not getting much more than 200k though :(

Edit: Woop! had a lucky string of combos near the start! ^_^

D

Deleted-236924

What happens if one member has two or more of the top 5 scores at the end of the competition?
The member with the 6th score wins too?

BTW, I tried and got only like 4000 points :/
Even if I managed to make a lot of points, I'd stay out of the competition since I don't actually need another 3DS-compatible flashcart, while some other members here probably don't have one.

I would love to have a competition for Squares 2. That would get intense.
Look at the scores for Squares 2 ;)

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens if one member has two or more of the top 5 scores at the end of the competition?
The member with the 6th score wins too?

BTW, I tried and got only like 4000 points :/
Even if I managed to make a lot of points, I'd stay out of the competition since I don't actually need another 3DS-compatible flashcart, while some other members here probably don't have one.

I would love to have a competition for Squares 2. That would get intense.
Look at the scores for Squares 2 ;)
You.. What have you done?
Hah, second..
Sucker, beat THAT!

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
NO!! They should add a new game to the arcade for the next weeks' contest, otherwise where's the challenge in the contest??

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think its better to have a game people haven't had a chance to practise too much (of course, there'll probably be one or two people who have played any given game before, seeing as they've all been on other sites before GBAtemp, but best to keep it to a minimum as much as possible)

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
NO!! They should add a new game to the arcade for the next weeks' contest, otherwise where's the challenge in the contest??
They could have a separate scoreboard for the contest.
No you're not getting the point, having a new game for each contest would give that game great amounts of plays + there'll be that factor of "oh this will take time getting used to". If any of the current games are picked for next week, the current highscorers/pros of that particular game will easily top the charts and win their carts, I'm just stating my opinion....to have a fair contest.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you're not getting the point, having a new game for each contest would give that game great amounts of plays + there'll be that factor of "oh this will take time getting used to". If any of the current games are picked for next week, they highscorers will easily top the charts and win their carts, I'm just stating my opinion....to have a fair contest.
You mean Deep Trip came out for the contest?

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
No you're not getting the point, having a new game for each contest would give that game great amounts of plays + there'll be that factor of "oh this will take time getting used to". If any of the current games are picked for next week, they highscorers will easily top the charts and win their carts, I'm just stating my opinion....to have a fair contest.
You mean Deep Trip came out for the contest?
Yeah pretty much, it's like "Hey we've a new competition going on but to make it challenging we'll add this new game for you to top at".

I'm not saying it'll disappear after the contest ;) Just came out for it.

gbatempfan1

Trophies
XP
Country
I've finaly made it through a game without misclicking and it brought me into the top 8 members :toot: , plus I've just now came up with a strategy that could secure me 1st place muwahahahaha

Edit:
Strategy worked, I am now retiring unless I lose out in the top 5 members. I'll explain how I did it after the contest unless I'm not in first place in which case I hope the top player explains how they did it, in the mean time I'll give a hint, it was inspired by a comment in this thread. Also I'll reiterate some observations that were covered in this thread, don't click anywhere unless you are sure, especialy the blank areas! Clicking in the blank area counts as a move and sucks your O2 away, and after you click a blob your commited to using a turn.

Edit2:

Schmendrick must of found out a better strategy or was really lucky, going to try a few more times to beat that score :-)

Edit3:

Schmendrik's score was very difficult to beat but played a game with a 322x multiplier at the end, back at the top again!

Edit4:
Beaten again...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Metal tapes even