SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow game is not as easy as it looks
The game is easy enough, I just don't understand how some people can get such high scores :P I always make it through the entire game without losing the combo, and I can't get over around 175000, but there are people with over 200000. Doubt I'm going to be getting a new flashcard :(

Schmendrick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dennisvanzwieten.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
wow game is not as easy as it looks
The game is easy enough, I just don't understand how some people can get such high scores :P I always make it through the entire game without losing the combo, and I can't get over around 175000, but there are people with over 200000. Doubt I'm going to be getting a new flashcard :(

As mjax said, just make sure you get points with every move you make to up your score multiplier. As soon as you make a single move without getting points, your multiplier will reset to 1.
You should also realize that you can simply drag rows out of bigger columns to 'drop' them upwards, which can get you out of a situation where otherwise you'd have no options.
Something I didn't realize until I'd played it for a while, they don't have to be in rows or columns to count as a combination. Having them touch each other in any direction is enough, so having them like this .: counts too.
One thing you should try to do is play as much in the upper region as possible, to improve your chances to get a combo (playing lower down makes less thingies fall upwards).
Also try to make your moves affect more than 1 column at a time for the same reason.

Other than that it's mostly luck to get unexpected combos. I only played the game three times and got the current highscore of 308250, so it's got nothing to do with experience or skill :P

i believe they dont think but innatively just select and win. i am also not getting any powerups, is it there and how to get it?

I haven't seen any powerups either, I guess they're turned off for the competition?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As mjax said, just make sure you get points with every move you make to up your score multiplier. As soon as you make a single move without getting points, your multiplier will reset to 1.
You should also realize that you can simply drag rows out of bigger columns to 'drop' them upwards, which can get you out of a situation where otherwise you'd have no options.
Something I didn't realize until I'd played it for a while, they don't have to be in rows or columns to count as a combination. Having them touch each other in any direction is enough, so having them like this .: counts too.
One thing you should try to do is play as much in the upper region as possible, to improve your chances to get a combo (playing lower down makes less thingies fall upwards).
Also try to make your moves affect more than 1 column at a time for the same reason.

Other than that it's mostly luck to get unexpected combos. I only played the game three times and got the current highscore of 308250, so it's got nothing to do with experience or skill :P

I know all that, like I said, I never lose the combo the entire game.

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, when I clicked on the game link without logging in, the error message I got was that I (or my IP address) was banned because of cheating. But it worked after logging in, so I guess I got the wrong error message. :P

Schmendrick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dennisvanzwieten.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know all that, like I said, I never lose the combo the entire game.

I just figured I'd give some general pointers about how I played it, since people were saying it's hard and they had bad luck.

Not losing your combo is different from maximizing your possibilities to get additional combos for one move. I said some stuff on how make your playing field better for these combos (lose the 'towers', playing mostly in the upper regions) as well as setting the game up for more possible additional combos per move (making your moves affect more than one column at a time by forming them 'triangles').

I apologize if it didn't directly help you, but I hope it did help some others. Like I said, more than the stuff I posted it's just luck.

Reactions: 1 person

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
@Schmendrick Couldn't have said it better myself! I am gonna beat your 300K+ score. Wait and watch mate! ;)

Everyone trying to get a higher score read Schmendrick's post above carefully. He gave some really good tips.

Reactions: 1 person

Schmendrick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dennisvanzwieten.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am gonna beat your 300K+ score. Wait and watch mate! ;)
Good luck with that! I see you've been avidly trying to get it as it is, your name occupies more than half of the first page of highscores :P Tbh I'm surprised I'm even in the highscores, usually when I play in contest games like this there's a gazillion people with scores 10 times higher than mine. I wonder how long it'll take for the competition to pick up speed and have users get scores of over 1M xD

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
I am gonna beat your 300K+ score. Wait and watch mate! ;)
Good luck with that! I see you've been avidly trying to get it as it is, your name occupies more than half of the first page of highscores :P Tbh I'm surprised I'm even in the highscores, usually when I play in contest games like this there's a gazillion people with scores 10 times higher than mine. I wonder how long it'll take for the competition to pick up speed and have users get scores of over 1M xD

Having played it for almost 4 hours myself, I assure you, 300K is pretty much the ceiling on this game. I cannot guarantee it but, that score of yours won't come down that easily.

I could see that it also involves a bit of luck and randomness to get anything above 250k. It's fairly easy to do 200k.

vmn551

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I would assume it'll be the five top members, rather than one member winning all five flashcards.
Thought I'd try to get the top 5 all on my name for funsies, but it seems to be more trouble than it's worth :(

Glad I can provide the competition ;)

I have a feeling like its possible to get 400k+ in this game with enough skill, luck and patience.

Mindzpeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
*goes to the Arcade*
score: 9000 FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I still have time to improve my skills. Btw, does Etcome with worldwide (Latin America specifically)?

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's up with the power-ups? I have no idea how to get those. It says take a deep trip, BUT WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!?!

Mindzpeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I don't understand this game..
I just see a bunch of bubbles floating to the top of the screen. How do I play?
You just have to match 3 or more blubbles of the same color, they can be alligned in any direction except diagonal. The more rows you make, the greater the combo and higher the score.

Have fun and good luck :yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls