Gaming gba's hidden gems

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Astro Boy (not really a hidden gem but a great game that a lot of people over look)
Black Matrix Zero (excellent strategy RPG series)
Densetsu no Stafi (all 3, and dont forget the 4th one on the DS which is just as awesome)
Hachiemon (the guy from shaunj66 avatar)
Kikikaikai Advance (great oldschool action shooter)

And props to Hitto for mentioning Ninja Five-o, that game is made of pure win!

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's see... my very first GBA game was Pocky Rocky and Betty, which was friggin challenging for me, or I think I was just impatient.... I still have to get back and beat that. Favorite RPG so far was Summon Night: Sword Story. Saw the preview of it in Nintendo Power in Barne and Noble, and I instantly knew that was a game I would love, then I tried it, and not knowing it was an aRPG, it was my instant favorite handheld RPG. Klonoa 1 was great, never got around to two, I think I will now though since I can >.> Also, really loved Gunstar Heroes on the GBA, was really awesome to play. Really wish multiplayer was in it.
For some reason this thread seems more helpful to find good, unique, and fun games than the GBA essentials thread, lol. *goes off and searches for more information on some games mentioned*

pikirika

Trophies
XP
Country
It´s a gba game, also
gbasp.gif

jadawin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1. Rhythm Tengoku for sure (as mention before by someone). I find it genuin and trully entertaining.
2. The remakes of Mother 1+2 for GBA (there is an english translation somewhere here).
3. Boktai - The Sun Is in Your Hand. You don't see many good stealth games on the system.
4. CIMA - The Enemy was good.
5. Rebelstar - Tactical Command (especially for the fans of the classic XCOM).
6. Bit Generations - Dial Hex. I didn't expect to get hooked that much! It makes me feel more clever every time...
7. Go! Go! Beckham! - Adventure on Soccer Island. Cute and funny.

Of course there are many other games I would like to add but mostly, I don't think they are considered underestimated (suck as Tactics Ogre, Kurukuru Kururin, Max Payne Advance).

Helpful Corn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boktai is one of the most popular games on GBA so it's not a "hidden gem" good call on Go Go Beckham though. Gadget Racers and Lady Sia are my contributions.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Does Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi (Sealed Sword) count? It was never released outside of Japan, and even huge FE fans I know don't know it's the one with Roy and that it exists (with an English patch in full, too). It's my favorite Fire Emblem game in the series.

Besides the ones already mentioned, Riviera: The Promised Land was good and didn't get much attention. Also MOTHER 1+2 and MOTHER 3 if they count; almost everyone I know thinks Lucas and Ness are twins or something... Despite how popular EB is Smash Bros players en masse haven't played any of the trilogy.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Scurge Hive - Pretty good Metroid inspired game.
Sigma Star Saga - Action RPG combined with Shoot 'em up sequences.
Iridion II - Another overlooked space shoot 'em up.
Tottoko Hamutarou - Hamu Hamu Sports - Made by the same people of the Mario & Luigi RPGs and has an English option.
Breath of Fire I & II - GBA ports from the classic SNES RPGs. Sadly the color palette and sound took a hit since it was made in mind for the original Gameboy Advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Judge Dread Wario lol