GBA SP Replacement housing/shell NES version?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by darkado, Jun 19, 2013.

1. darkado
    OP

darkado Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2013
    Pnom Penh, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
    Does it exist? I have a pretty beat up ags-101 (the awful tribal pal version) and I want to put it in a new shell. I searched and searched but couldn't find this one anywhere. I found almost all others, some even with the nintendo stickers for top and bottom but I would really like to make my sp ULTIMATE :) thanks in advance guys.

2. darkado
    OP

darkado Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2013
    Pnom Penh, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
    Bump

3. scottg1234

scottg1234 Newbie

I bought a couple of housing shells off of eBay, and I have never seen special edition housing shells up for sale.

All the housing shells that you can buy are usually after market guys in china, and they just make solid colors.

4. superspudz2000

superspudz2000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 23, 2007
    Canada
    nope. nobody sells RED buttons. otherwise....

you might be able to get a black shell and silver shell or white shell for the different color tones., and print off a design or buy a "NES iPhone sticker", but the RED buttons arent available anywhere. also the "silver shells" arent even cloce to the color of the NES GBA SP.

might be possible to spray paint the Buttons with "krylon fusion for plastic", but at that point its really too much trouble than its worth.

try bugging the guys at kitsch-bent.com/ to make some RED SP buttons.
    (they sell RED GBP and NES buttons, but those wont fit.)

5. syph007

syph007 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    Canada
    I looked around and never found a classic nes shell either. I ended up buying a classic NES system, then putting an AGS101 board and screen into it.

[​IMG]