GBA SP & Flash2Advance Compatibility

D-an-W

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I returned my None-F2A-Working GBA SP today and exchanged it for another one...THIS ONE WORKS FINE!!!
blink.gif

I can Flash/Verify/Erase with the F2A without error, at top speed and with all sorts of stuff going on in the background. Light on, light off and with whatever amount of charge that the GBA SP comes out of the box with all seems to be fine...
wink.gif

Its a UK bought Silver SP with the following info underneath: AGS-001 - XEH1027****

Hope this helps...Kinda cheared me up
biggrin.gif

Kapitano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone,

I got European SP yesterday + I have F2A 256 MB. Everything works like a charm.

Now, what's really interesting is that we prolly overlooked that almost everyone that reports success is using _SILVER_ GBA SP. So far I haven't seen any reports of problems with Silver Euro SPs. Mine is Silver also.

On the other hand a friend of mine bought black one (same shop, same day) and flashing doesn't work for him.

Would be interesting if we could confirm the-silver-sp-works 'thesis' :-)

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kapitano, as I said in the other thread my UK Silver SP doesn't work. Have you tried your friends black SP on your setup? - PC/Cable/Cart etc? - just wondering if maybe its something to do with PC setup... - long shot i suppose
wink.gif

H

hking

FINALLY I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!

I tried many times in XP and fail with my new silver GBASP(UK VER), finally i change OS to WINME and it works every time!!!!

2 more tips: recharge the sp full and turn off the light while flashing your cart.

I know it is very annoying being not albe to flash with the lovely gbasp but finally i found the way hope it works on your F2A linker.GOOD LUCK m8s!!!!

V

Vietsoldier

My Silver SP is still working. It seems it was me that had the defect and not the SP. The bell ring was not occuring because the cartridge was empty so it automatically went into multiboot mode when turned on without the bell ring.

As for extra discussion my friends Australian Blue SP and my Silver SP both work fine with the F2A. I got my F2A from Hong Kong via the internet.

D-an-W

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tested flashing a full 256mb cart of Roms with the SP on charge and it worked just as well as it did straight from the box...

To the ones that don't have working SP - F2A Combos, return them to the stores for an exchange...What have you to loose...
blink.gif

Kapitano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CroN: Yes, we tried my friend's SP on my setup and it didn't work. So we can eliminate the PC setup as a possible cause of the problem.

There must be something in the SP, but 99.99% it's software related (or at least it can be fixed with F2A software)

E

excalibur

may i have this conclusion?

. the gb sp silver works
. the gb sp black not

i have not yet buy one, but i like more the black
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

dan13l

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been playing around with a 128m cart, and an external parallel flash linker, and I've had mixed results.

4 meg roms don't seem to work, but 8's do (although certain things don't seem to render properly). And saving back to the cart doesn't work at all...perhaps the same problem that prevents writing to the carts in the first place?

lax

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Has anyone noticed multiplayer link problems with their gba's that don't work properly with flash2advance?

D

Deleted_11405

hi i have a flash advance pro linker with a flash advance pro 256m card i use the parallel port it just works fine..(except a few roms but they also dont work on the classic gba)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @Psionic Roshambo off to naughty roleplay with ai chat? Just do it with vr chat instead. :P