Hacking Gba ROMs on Fire cards

axlefoley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I was wondering if they do support it or if anything extra has to be done to play them

..::EDIT::.. Also I was wondering, Every time i try to use a pokesav save it doesn't work, I was wondering if I had to do anything extra to get it to work. I save as a 256k sav then I usually convert it to the firecard 256k sav but it still doesn't work, what am I doing wrong? .::/EDIT::..

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slot 1 cards can't run gba roms by themselves, they need an appropriate slot 2 card to cooperate with. The ezflash V 3 in 1 seems popular.

When editing or backing up your sav files, remember that the last game you played keeps its save data in the lastsave.sdb file in the dsystem folder. When you play another game or something, the data in that lastsave.sdb is backed up to the .sav file.

So for example you just played pokemon, you hook your ds up to the pc and copy a replacement sav file onto the card (the .sav file must have the same exact name as the .nds rom prior to the extension). When you boot up the ds and run pokemon, the .sav you just copied to the cart will be overwritten by the contents of the lastsave.sdb save data. Foiling your efforts to cheat.

Just play another game other than pokemon prior to playing about with .sav files so the lastsave data doesn't overwrite it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)