GBA Pokemon transfer question

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Harsky, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Well, I guess this can count as two questions. I'm thinking of starting a Gen 3 Pokemon game (Emerald at this point sounds promising) so that at some point in the future, I can transfer them to the DS version but does the region make a lot of difference ie, can I use a EU Pokemon Emerald game to transfer to a US Pokemon Diamond/Pearl or any of the DS Pokemon games?

Another question is, if I flash a Pokemon game to the NOR memory of my EZ Flash 3 in 1, will the DS recognise it and complete the transfer?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Not sure about region differences, I will go with a hesitant "it should be fine".

On the use of a 3 in 1 or something similar for PAL park.
    Not directly -- the DS games try to read the GBA cart saves, which in flash carts is SRAM and not the Flash of the original carts. The EZTeam patched this and the patch was ported to just about everything else by cory1942, it is called pokepatch and you can get it http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/rom-hacks/download-pokepatch-42-f27240.html
    Alternatively you can actually Desmume to emulate the original cart in the GBA slot and do things that way.

The obvious place to go from here is whether it will transfer to pokebank/3ds stuff. At present, and for the foreseeable future, this needs a legit copy of whatever DS games it uses. Naturally you can take your flash cart save and inject it onto the DS game for duration of the transfer.

Alternatively. Injection and mods are happening in many things, it should not be too hard to replicate some of your old mons.

Harsky likes this.
  3. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Thanks for the reply!

4. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I guess I have another question about Pokemon games on the EZ Flash 3in1. Does Emerald need to be patched to enable the inbuilt clock to work properly or is the timer events not as important?

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005