ROM Hack GBA Inject Save and Clock fix?

Gelums

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just created my own CIA of Pokemon Emerald and installed it onto my N3DS, everything runs fine, but I get the message that the battery has run dry, clock based events will not occur, and save data is corrupted so a previous save will load (somehow I can play where I left off.) Here is a video of the boot process and error messages. If I could get help on these issues, that would be great.

Links I've used for help:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fixes-for-all-gba-pokemons-save-issue-with-agb_firm.390508/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/

Last edited by Gelums,

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to my knowledge, you can't. I maybe wrong though. you can remove the messages with a hex editor, I believe, but Hex editing is a mile over my head.

Gelums

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fixes-for-all-gba-pokemons-save-issue-with-agb_firm.390508/

For the clock, use the ultimate injector and check the RTC checkbox.
Ill try that, but for some reason the injector says 3dstool.exe is denied when trying to create CIA. Btw do you know what the SRAM patch is for? I am not sure if I need that patched or not.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For the clock, use the ultimate injector and check the RTC checkbox.
I keep getting "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application."
"Local\temp\(numbers)\rom_patched.gba"
and
"Local\temp\(numbers)\3dstool.exe"

Gelums

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an IPS patch somewhere, use that instead. No SRAM patch
Currently looking for that IPS patch..

There's an IPS patch somewhere, use that instead. No SRAM patch
Found a RTC and clock patch but I can't even do anything because I keep getting "3dstool.exe is denied" error when trying to finish.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently looking for that IPS patch..

Found a RTC and clock patch but I can't even do anything because I keep getting "3dstool.exe is denied" error when trying to finish.
Use the ultimate injector the previous post linked. No RTC patch is needed, just tick the RTC checkbox when injecting.

Reactions: Antonio2311

Gelums

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the ultimate injector the previous post linked. No RTC patch is needed, just tick the RTC checkbox when injecting.
I've been trying to use the Ultimate injector but every time I finish and try to make CIA I get errors.
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application."
"Local\temp\(numbers)\rom_patched.gba"
and
"Local\temp\(numbers)\3dstool.exe"

Gelums

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    23.1 KB · Views: 942

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: Majickhat55

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Ignore this whole thread.

At this moment, no GBA games have save issues (they had when this thread was created). They are just working fine, like in a real GBA.

Ultimate GBA Injector isn't updated, so it currently injects ROMs in a "bad" way (meaning that you will have save issues with games with 1Mbit save type, like Pokémon). If you want to inject a ROM without any kind of save issues (even without the corrupted save message) just send me a PM and I'll send you a new All-In-One Injector I'm working on, which is updated with the "good" way to inject those games.

Last edited by Asdolo,

OrianX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ignore this whole thread.

At this moment, no GBA games have save issues (they had when this thread was created). They are just working fine, like in a real GBA.

Ultimate GBA Injector isn't updated, so it currently injects ROMs in a "bad" way (meaning that you will have save issues with games with 1Mbit save type, like Pokémon). If you want to inject a ROM without any kind of save issues (even without the corrupted save message) just send me a PM and I'll send you a new All-In-One Injector I'm working on, which is updated with the "good" way to inject those games.

Hey man, I've been trying to set up a few Rom hacks on my 3ds for a while now, do you think you can help me with it? I'd appreciate it because the main problem I'm having is the save game thing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol