GBA games on NDS (WITH cheats!)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SwiftDS, May 22, 2010.

May 22, 2010
  1. SwiftDS
    OP

Newcomer SwiftDS Member

United Kingdom
    Afternoon all!

First off, sorry for this seemingly noobish question. I've done plenty of searching but have got conflicting answers and outdated apps.

I'm looking to start playing GBA games on my NDSL using the EZFlashV Slot2 card. I specifically want to start the GBA Pokemon series and would like to enable the odd cheat (100% catch rate, etc.) but I'm unsure how to go about enabling cheats for GBA games? Do they need pre-patching, and if so which tool should I use?

Is there anything else I should know about GBA roms esp. Pokemon? I understand I need to patch my rom using Pokepatch if I want to migrate Pokemon to the latest games.

Please go easy on me!

Thanks for the help! [​IMG]

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    You patch the DS rom with pokepatch so it can access the SRAM of the flash card (it only knows the Flash of the original game).

Back on topic some DS slot cards afford cheats but most are less than brilliant (and pokemon is not the easiest rom to cheat on) so GBAATM is the tool of choice: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=99334

3. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    Would this work to fix Daigasso! Band Brothers' problem of about the same thing (not finding the thing in slot-2)?