Hacking GBA games NOT loading in EZIV Deluxe *MOVIE*

ron555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am having a problem loading ANY GBA game while in GBA mode. I can't seem to load ANY GBA games while in there.

I get the following error:

HERE'S A VIDEO OF THE ERROR: (approx 850K, 10 second video)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ok250x

"WARNING: This card do not support GBA g" (g = i'm assuming this means games)

I did a google search and found 4 entries; 3 of which were French. English one is on MaxConsole.

LINK to Maxconsole thread

QUOTE said:
hello, I got a few questions about the EZflashIV lite deluxe.
I updated the bin file , I used the client to patch and send the GBA roms to the microSD, so when I plug the cart to the Slot-2, I turn on the NDS, enter the file manager and try to select small 8mb games, like Donkey Kong as example, pressing A turns a message saying "Warning this card do not support GBA g ( g must be for "games" ).. so, my model is Ezflash IV lite deluxe, this models is not the compact one, so is this right or soemthign is wrong with my client and /or card? Also I use the option with select to transfer the game to NoR, transfer starts but freezes after some 10 seconds...game jsut shows 1 or 3 mb tranfered. After that I turn my NDS off and On again, and I see the folder "u" with the game but again doesn 't run. I am a bit lsot, so could anyone give a hint if what i am doing is correct? I purchased the Ezflash IV to run GBA only, I don't use it for NDS. My SD was foratted correctly , on FAt16.

I am having the ****SAME***** exact problems with the NOR RAM and the game error!!!

QUOTENevermind, people. I think the Ezflash bin that i upgraded first time had soem issues with the Lite Deluxe, and didn't recognized the hardware.. bad luck, after a lot of dig here and dig there I found a most recent ( and better ) bin..

That was his solution. I'm assuming he meant kernel upgrade "bin". I upgraded via the bin file found in the http://ezflash.sosuke.com/ forums.

Does anyone have any ideas? Please help
frown.gif

ron555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a side note:

I found this in Sosuke wiki

http://ezflash.sosuke.com/wiki/index.php?t..._4#EZ4Client.2B

QUOTE said:
It seems users have been experiencing slow games or frame skips in GBA games. Whilst many users have noticed this issue, just as many have not. Whether this is due to differences in carts or just differences in perception is largely unknown.

Oh boy... I IMMEDIATELY noticed the frame skips/slightly slower games the moment I played any game.

Booting in GBA mode cures the problem! Damn, the EZ IV Deluxe is frikken sweet once configured properly!

D

dude

UPDATE: I figured it out.  The man in that thread was right.  It was an outdated ezfla_up.bin  (ez4loader) file!  If you experience this same problem, MAKE SURE you have the latest Kernel from here:

http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=...ard+support+gba

If you haven't already, you should also grab the updated rom naming files for gba and nds (gbaup.zip and romlistds.zip) from the USA support forum, and extract them into the appropriate directories of the EZ4 client. Otherwise, it won't recognize the newer titles...

The problem with the latest gba loader 1.72 is that it is buggy - it doesn't boot some gba roms without problems (either freezing or graphical/audio issues). The previous loader 1.68 fixed those issues - however, you apparently can't downgrade to that loader if you have a EZ4 deluxe, since deluxe wasn't supported at that particular time (gba roms wouldn't function at all when I tried downgrading with my deluxe).

dude

ron555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If you haven't already, you should also grab the updated rom naming files for gba and nds (gbaup.zip and romlistds.zip) from the USA support forum, and extract them into the appropriate directories of the EZ4 client. Otherwise, it won't recognize the newer titles...

Got it already. Thanks for the notice!

QUOTEThe problem with the latest gba loader 1.72 is that it is buggy - it doesn't boot some gba roms without problems (either freezing or graphical/audio issues). The previous loader 1.68 fixed those issues - however, you apparently can't downgrade to that loader if you have a EZ4 deluxe, since deluxe wasn't supported at that particular time (gba roms wouldn't function at all when I tried downgrading with my deluxe).

Ack. I hope it doesn't affect any of the games I play
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-