Homebrew Gba full Speed on O3DS?

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the members found a way to create 500 kb forwarders that you can install to emunand and they work as if the GBA cias were on both sysNAND and emuNAND. I use this on my N3DS with A9LH (arm9loaherhax) with AuReiNand 3.5.3 booting by default to emuNAND. Works the same way on O3DS.

Sorry just realized he is on 10.5.0-30 FW. What about that hardmod procedure to downgrade to and exploitable firm like 10.3. You could go that route then do A9LH since you would have the hardmod.

Last edited by stl25,

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgrade to 9.2 and then use a CFW that modifies AGB_FIRM and lets you play GBA games without emulation.

Unfortunately, it is true that 10.5 requires a hardware mod to downgrade.
I've tried this, but it always gives me an error when trying to launch any games, and I can never get it to work.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried this, but it always gives me an error when trying to launch any games, and I can never get it to work.
Did you install the games to both sysnand and emunand and if you're using rxtools is patched agb_firm selected in settings? If so it should work

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you install the games to both sysnand and emunand and if you're using rxtools is patched agb_firm selected in settings? If so it should work
I will double check the agb firm in settings, but yes, I installed them both to sysnand and emunand. Not to mention, Should I have installed the agb_firm into sysnand, too? (I did)

EDIT: I went into rxtools settings, enabled it and it still is giving me an error. Should I use rxtools in sysnand or update rxtools?

Last edited by TimX24968B,

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will double check the agb firm in settings, but yes, I installed them both to sysnand and emunand. Not to mention, Should I have installed the agb_firm into sysnand, too? (I did)

EDIT: I went into rxtools settings, enabled it and it still is giving me an error. Should I use rxtools in sysnand or update rxtools?
Don't know what to tell you then, if you downgraded from >9.2 it might be a downgrade problem if not either somethings wrong with your system files or you're missing a step

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know what to tell you then, if you downgraded from >9.2 it might be a downgrade problem if not either somethings wrong with your system files or you're missing a step
I doubt it since everything else works fine. Should I update rxtools?, and if so, to what version?

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it since everything else works fine. Should I update rxtools?, and if so, to what version?
It could easily be one .cia didn't install correctly or something, the downgrade is REALLY finicky. I use the latest nightly although a lot of people use the latest 3.0 beta which I think is 6 or they use 2.6 which was the latest full release.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could easily be one .cia didn't install correctly or something, the downgrade is REALLY finicky. I use the latest nightly although a lot of people use the latest 3.0 beta which I think is 6 or they use 2.6 which was the latest full release.
It seemed like everything installed correctly, though. The downgrader went through and performed everything successfully. Also, is there a way to check my version I have now for rxTools? Updating rxtools was getting finicky today so I will need to try again when I can.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With CFW, some GBA games run fullspeed under gpSP. Even then, most games you're stuck with Nintendo's crappy VC. Without kernel access, you're just out of luck on the o3DS.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seemed like everything installed correctly, though. The downgrader went through and performed everything successfully. Also, is there a way to check my version I have now for rxTools? Updating rxtools was getting finicky today so I will need to try again when I can.
My n3ds I downgraded said everything installed correctly but trust me it did not. If you care about having gba VC games I recommend reinstalling 9.2 by downgrading with the gateway exploit on o3ds or with the downgraded again as a .cia and then updating to 9.2 with sysupdater or with a game with the 9.2 update. As for checking rxtools version if it's not written on the menu I don't know but you should probably use a recent nightly

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My n3ds I downgraded said everything installed correctly but trust me it did not. If you care about having gba VC games I recommend reinstalling 9.2 by downgrading with the gateway exploit on o3ds or with the downgraded again as a .cia and then updating to 9.2 with sysupdater or with a game with the 9.2 update. As for checking rxtools version if it's not written on the menu I don't know but you should probably use a recent nightly
Well at this point, Im really only using it for pokemon emerald, which runs full speed on gpsp with cfw, so if i find another game, I will look further into it.

Last edited by TimX24968B,

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
One of the members found a way to create 500 kb forwarders that you can install to emunand and they work as if the GBA cias were on both sysNAND and emuNAND. I use this on my N3DS with A9LH (arm9loaherhax) with AuReiNand 3.5.3 booting by default to emuNAND. Works the same way on O3DS.

Sorry just realized he is on 10.5.0-30 FW. What about that hardmod procedure to downgrade to and exploitable firm like 10.3. You could go that route then do A9LH since you would have the hardmod.
would you kindly link me to that thread?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
even vc injected gba games arent that enjoyable. even though they run at full speed, for some weird reason, they also look really grainy and mushy for all kinds of games when the whole screen is moving

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even vc injected gba games arent that enjoyable. even though they run at full speed, for some weird reason, they also look really grainy and mushy for all kinds of games when the whole screen is moving
Yeah, Nintendo deliberately had it try to emulate the look of the old GBA screens. It gives me a headache, so I don't even bother with it. If someone ever finds a way to remove that nonsense from the AGB_FIRM, I'll probably try it out again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂