GBA Fire Emblem Games

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Fusion Luigi, May 7, 2017.

1. Fusion Luigi
    OP

Fusion Luigi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2016
    United States
    I'm trying to get the GBA Fire Emblem games using the Ultimate GBA Injector (and yes I know I could just find a cia of it.) but it keeps crashing when I try to load it. Are these two games a special case like the Pokemon games and if so then how do I fix it?

2. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    not sure they might be. double check your roms in VBA-M if teh roms theselfs crash/white/black screen then they're at fault.

3. Fusion Luigi
    OP

Feb 11, 2016
    United States
    Works fine and if I recall, one of them has SRAM for it's save type

4. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    then either they need a patch or maybe some of the few that just dont work w/ AGB_FIRM

5. Scarlet

Scarlet Phone Charm

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Right
    I mean one of the GBA Fire Emblem games was released officially (Sacred Stones), and I'm fairly sure I've played FE7 on my 3DS at some point. You must be doing something badly, or your 3DS might not be setup right.

6. Fusion Luigi
    OP

Feb 11, 2016
    United States
    I just remembered that the Sleep Patch might screw up some games and now the games work .-.

7. BARNWEY

BARNWEY THE MLG DINOSAUR

Oct 11, 2016
    United States
    Imagination
    They should work; one fire emblem game is on the eShop, and the other works fine when injected. Can you post a screenshot of each step and what you did?

8. thund3rstruck

thund3rstruck Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2005
    United States
    They work. I'm playing through them now, actually. This might help. Before you run the injector tool rename these roms so there are no parenthesis or any characters other than a-z in the file name

I'm not sure why some games work fine with the (U)(!) suffixes where other games, like Fire Emblem crash the program unless they are renamed to just 'Fire Emblem.gba'

Last edited by thund3rstruck, May 7, 2017