GBA Exploader on M3 Saku help please

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by john310, Aug 20, 2009.

Aug 20, 2009
  1. john310
    OP

Newcomer john310 Member

United States
    Whenever I boot GBA exploader to use my ez flash 3 in 1, it says that it can't find the slot 2 device (which is Ez flash 3 in 1 with FFIV dumped from AKaio). I have searched the forum, and could not find a solution to my problem, and so please help [​IMG]

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Thats because Roudolph blocked ALL M3 slot1 carts from using exploader. See my sig for a modified exploader to get you going.

3. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Wtf I never knew that, that's kind of rude I mean I know he has a right to do what he wants with his stuff for whatever reason but if he has a grudge on the m3 team he shouldn't take it out on innocent people.

4. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Why does he hate M3?

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    a cease and desist order was handed to him from the M3 team after he was trying to hack M3 sakura to run on all carts, after that roudolph just banned all m3 products from his homebrew
    but none the less the ban is in vain, the block has been cracked and all his latest apps can be booted on a m3 cart with a ppf patch

6. moose323

Newcomer moose323 Member

United States
  7. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    yes, but isn't half of the GBAexploader's functionality gone because he also removed soft-reset capabilities for m3 cards?

8. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    Your under false assumtions. The soft reset issues is due to the fact that it was NOT coded correctly into gba exploader to support the 3in1+ yet hence the BETA, not because it was taken out. For all previous versions of the 3in1, the soft reset code works fine.

What was put in was a routine to shut down when a M3 slot1 was detected, it is the same function used if you had no 3in1 in the slot2.

9. lincruste

Member lincruste GBAtemp Regular

I ignored this. I tought he had been asked to remove the EZ3in1 support on M3 by the team itself because it competed against their own Slot-2 linker. Anyway, any old build will work on an M3+Sakura (did'nt know either there was a modified version).

10. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    the ver he was hacking and released only played media files and such but couldnt boot roms or anything of that sort

so to sum it up it was basically moonshell 2 (except moonshell 2 didnt exist back then)

11. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    Why even bother with the EZ-Flash 3in1, when the M3 cards natively support the superior M3 GBA Expansion Pack, that includes even a real-time-clock for around $30 shipped?

12. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    you can actually get them for $17 to $20 shipped if you look at the right place.

13. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    The M3 GEP is not superior, it only has SDRAM mode and no NOR. It totally depends on what the user needs that makes one more desirable than the other.

They are both around 20 bucks.

14. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    what TM2-Megatron meant was when used in combination with the M3 Real or M3i Zero
    alot of extra features that are not featured on other carts can be used

GBA RTS
    GBA RTC
    GBA Cheats
    native M3 software GBANDS linkage
    built in GBA loading from Touchpod or Sakura (no need for an external program)

these are some of the reasons I choose the m3 real perfect bundle because of the very strong gba support built in

15. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    With an EZ Flash V slot1 you have the same thing Joe. That example is pointless especially when people mix and match things.

16. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    RTS and RTC are not available on the EZ Flash
    the other 3 things are however

but none the less the point was he already had an M3 Real so he should have gotten a M3 GBA Expansion Pak so he wouldnt have these problems now

17. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    That was my point, yeah.

In any case, I don't even have a slot-1 M3 card at the moment, and I still opted for the M3 GBA Expansion Pack on my Cyclo (with GBA ExpLoader) over the 3in1, for its real-time-clock... as I routinely play Pokemon Ruby and Emerald. The lack of NOR doesn't really bother me, as I don't really care about using the thing as a "real" GBA game pak (if I really want that, I'll just dig out the original game pak, update its save data, and use it). The only data I care about preserving on the GEP after shutting it off is the save file to backup later to my microSD (and eventually, after enough progress, to the original game pak), and its SRAM accomplishes that just fine (same as the 3in1). And I usually get tired of rumble after 10 or 15 minutes of using it... so personally, I'd gladly trade the NOR memory and rumble for a real-time-clock.