Hacking GBA Exploader Freezes

ChillyPepper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just bought this Ez 3 in 1 for my Supercard DS One. It was working for a while when suddenly when I launched GBA Exploader, it freezes right after I pressed A at the PSRAM mode. All I can see on the upper screen is the folder game with nothing in it. I can't change modes and pressing any buttons won't work.

The last thing I used was Expansion RAM for Nintendo Browser.

After a certain while of not using DS with it, when I switched the DS on and tried using GBA Exploader, this thing came up. Is it a hardware defect? I just bought it.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have the PSRAM problem. To check, hold L+R+UP as you turn on the DS and keep it held as the health warning disappears. You should see a white screen with some text. Press A until you get to the part where it is counting through some digits. This is the PSRAM test Wait until this finishes. If you get an error like this it's trouble:

psram error!
cell error! addr=00000000

Those zeros can equal any number, but the problem is the error itself. This problem is getting ridiculous. There is no permanent fix either. I've got a card that does this. Every 24-36 hours, I have to open the Supercard up and short out the battery just to get it to work.

ChillyPepper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks. Yeah, that's the problem I'm facing.

psram error!
cell error! addr=00008478

Is this a problem with Ez 3 in 1 or the Supercard DS One?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has become a very serious and widespread issue with the DS-ONE. The batteries seem defective. You can play it normally for a day and then the error will happen. You can follow a temporary technique found here:

http://forum.supercard.cn/viewthread.php?t...%3D1&page=1

Unfortunately, this will only last for about 24 hours before it does it again. You CAN keep doing this, but it's annoying to have to do it all the time.

I really suggest everyone should not buy the Supercard until their company gets off their asses and fixes the issue.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Sounds like SRAM corruption on the 3in1, in a way that the block designated for SRAM info(like the name of your save file) is malformed and ExpLoader freezes while trying to deal with it. Select the option to write SRAM.BIN to memory found in PSRAM mode. Even if there isn't such a file. It should clear away all SRAM data.

ChillyPepper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Umm... any buttons I press GBA Exploader just freezes. It just loads and freezes.

How do I exactly do that?

Supercard DS One having PSRAM error and now 3 in 1 doesn't work.
frown.gif

Edit: I don't know what I did but it's working already. I tested the PSRAM thingy and no errors were found. I loaded GBA Exploader and it works. Thanks for all your help. I have no idea what happened and what I did. I just uninstalled the firmware and reinstalled the Supercard DS firmware!

Edit #2: Help again lol. Although there is no more PSRAM error and GBA Exploader works fine, now Disgaea DS loads and runs fine... until five minutes. It crashes. What is going on?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
To put it simply, your SC seems to be unstable. If you're certain your microSD isn't to blame try hardmodding something beneath the sticker to hold the PSRAM in place or contact the store for a refund.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols