Hacking GBA EXploader 0.58X M3 patch

cornaljoe

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
523
Trophies
0
Age
37
Website
Visit site
XP
327
Country
United States
In the recent update of GBAExploader, Rudolph lived up to his word and removed support for M3 Real/Sakura, and iTouch. I've recently found out someone release a patch to remove this block. Does anyone have a link? I can't seem to find it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Lol, man this always happens. As soon as I start a thread after searching for 20 min, I find what I'm looking for! It seems to be in the wrong section of the forums. Well here is the link if anyone else interested.

GBA Exploader 0.58X - Remove M3 block patch

*Real edit: Bah, sorry for the double post I guess someone will merge them eventually.
 

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
3,393
Trophies
0
Age
31
Website
ndss.nl
XP
360
Country
Netherlands
ShadoWolF XF said:
This is good news. If we do his enough, Rudolph may change his mind (doubtful)
It's not like Rudolph hates M3 users - it's just that he will get into trouble if his software works on M3 hardware.

This is really great news! Rudolph can just keep making his software, and someone else can remove the protection
tongue.gif
 

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
6,931
Trophies
1
XP
5,830
Country
Japan
Maikel Steneker said:
ShadoWolF XF said:
This is good news. If we do his enough, Rudolph may change his mind (doubtful)
It's not like Rudolph hates M3 users - it's just that he will get into trouble if his software works on M3 hardware.

This is really great news! Rudolph can just keep making his software, and someone else can remove the protection
tongue.gif
What?

I'm fairly sure that Rudolph created that protection after being threatened to be sued by GBalpha for creating the DLDI-version of M3Sakura. It's not like he's forbidden to create homebrew for the M3 products, he chose that himself after being treated like that to avoid trouble.
 

kobykaan

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
2,993
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
196
Country
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
I uploaded this to the downloads section of GBAtemp in case anyone wants it. Here's the link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4550.


thanks
smile.gif


for some reason the rapidshare link just seems to go round in circles saying the download session has expired!?

Yet other files from rapidshare are fine!?


EDIT @Sportsmaniac1322 which version of .58 did you use?? .58,.58a or .58b ? does not seem to work for me just hangs at Initialize ......

frown.gif
 

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
3,434
Trophies
0
Location
Wouldn't YOU like to know?
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
2,687
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
EDIT @Sportsmaniac1322 which version of .58 did you use?? .58,.58a or .58b ? does not seem to work for me just hangs at Initialize ......The patch works for 0.58b.

QUOTE(Digital1980 @ Jan 18 2009, 04:09 PM) What does this patch do? Sorry I've been away from the M3 Real world for a while.
M3 harassed Rudolph after he created a Sakura DLDI version to run on other flashcarts, so in order to avoid trouble with them, he locked all M3 products out of his homebrew releases. Without the patch, the latest version of GBAExploader won't run on an M3 flashcart.
 

Beige

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2008
Messages
266
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Volcano Bakemeat
Website
Visit site
XP
205
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
What does this patch do? Sorry I've been away from the M3 Real world for a while.

It allows you to use GBA ExpLoader 0.58 with the M3 Real, because normally you can't. Rudolph did a little exclusion code so we wouldn't have to deal with M3 again due to DLDI Sakura.
 

cornaljoe

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
523
Trophies
0
Age
37
Website
Visit site
XP
327
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
What does this patch do? Sorry I've been away from the M3 Real world for a while.

Awhile ago Rudolph released a DLDI-patch that allowed users of DLDI compatible carts use M3Sakura as a homebrew. As a response M3 told him to remove the download and stop working on it or they will sue him. In response he decided to block M3 Real/Sakura and iTouch in his future programs/updates. This patch just removes the block on said carts.
 

kobykaan

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
2,993
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
196
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
kobykaan said:
EDIT @Sportsmaniac1322 which version of .58 did you use?? .58,.58a or .58b ? does not seem to work for me just hangs at Initialize ......The patch works for 0.58b.

QUOTE(Digital1980 @ Jan 18 2009, 04:09 PM) What does this patch do? Sorry I've been away from the M3 Real world for a while.
M3 harassed Rudolph after he created a Sakura DLDI version to run on other flashcarts, so in order to avoid trouble with them, he locked all M3 products out of his homebrew releases. Without the patch, the latest version of GBAExploader won't run on an M3 flashcart.


which IPS patcher did you use?!

tried with LUNAR ips patcher and Ipswin and it still hangs at Initialize ....

hangs with both 3 IN 1 and M3 GBA expansion
frown.gif


I'm currently using TRIPLE BOOT here and it does the same on all 3 loaders maby that's why!?
 

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
3,434
Trophies
0
Location
Wouldn't YOU like to know?
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
2,687
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
which IPS patcher did you use?!

tried with LUNAR ips patcher and Ipswin and it still hangs at Initialize ....

hangs with both 3 IN 1 and M3 GBA expansion
frown.gif


I'm currently using TRIPLE BOOT here and it does the same on all 3 loaders maby that's why!?
I'm not sure that it matters which IPS patcher you use, but I use both ips XP and IPS-win. Never had problems with them.
 

kobykaan

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
2,993
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
196
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
kobykaan said:
which IPS patcher did you use?!

tried with LUNAR ips patcher and Ipswin and it still hangs at Initialize ....

hangs with both 3 IN 1 and M3 GBA expansion
frown.gif


I'm currently using TRIPLE BOOT here and it does the same on all 3 loaders maby that's why!?
I'm not sure that it matters which IPS patcher you use, but I use both ips XP and IPS-win. Never had problems with them.


still no luck
frown.gif


anyone else with the triple loader manage to get this to work??
 

Madridi

Card Collector
Member
Joined
May 9, 2008
Messages
3,561
Trophies
0
Age
36
Location
Doha
XP
3,007
Country
Qatar
Sorry for such a stupid question, but what do i do with this .ips file?
I mean, shouldnt I have a .nds file to use this?

I have 2 versions of GBA exploader on my microSD, an old one that used to support m3 products, and 0.58b which doesnt.
Would be nice if someone tells me what to do.
 

bfoos

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
347
Trophies
0
Age
48
Location
Upstate, NY
Website
Visit site
XP
333
Country
United States
Kind of useless since it doesn't work if you have the SoftReset.M3DS file on the root of your card. Well, not entirely useless, but you can't use your 3in1 as a RAM pack with .58x.
 

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2008
Messages
1,582
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
Turku
XP
887
Country
Finland
can someone make same for GBA backup tool?

oh, and to GBA exploader, this failed, hangs in initialize
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Well the storm isn't hitting me so that's nice lol