MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I don't know. Try dumping the EZ-V with the NDS backup tool and renaming the file to "SoftReset.ez5s".

This may sound like a stupid question, but is there any way to do something like that ^ with the CycloDS Evo?
I've just tried that and it sadly doesn't work - CycloDS is encrypted and even Rudolph's latest wifi tool doesn't work. Upon closer inspection, it's clearly visible that even the 'official' dumps are bad and therefore useless.
dry.gif

As for EZ-V, I've yet to get my hands on one - it belongs to my brother and I'm not currently home.

BrokenCD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why should we even use this? Our old saves don't work. I'm not even going to bother until there is a way to use the old saves. Restarting games just to use this seems insane...

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, to recap:
This is not going to work with old saves, it isn't going to work with already patched games, it's now going to patch on the fly, and use SAV files. It now has a file directory support of sorts, so now we can put the games wherever we want on the card.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, to recap:
This is not going to work with old saves, it isn't going to work with already patched games, it's now going to patch on the fly, and use SAV files. It now has a file directory support of sorts, so now we can put the games wherever we want on the card.
It looks like it has a new name for the save game folder, and expects it to be in the root directory AFAICT, but other than that I'd guess that you're correct. Just need a save file converter now, but I'll try to test it out with the old 3in1 and old save files some time over the weekend unless someone else beats me to it...

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
So, to recap:
This is not going to work with old saves, it isn't going to work with already patched games, it's now going to patch on the fly, and use SAV files. It now has a file directory support of sorts, so now we can put the games wherever we want on the card.

It work with patched game!!!

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Just Discover!

Save file from old version still work!!

but you have to rename it to be same as the GBA file
(but change .gba to .sav)
and put it in GBA_SAVE folder

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
i'm still using 1.8 of rudolphs tool =\.

anyways, i ain't even gonna touch this till it's translated.
The tool itself is in English ... always been.
wink.gif

Anyways, the clean rom support is great, but there are a lot of problems. On Pokemon Leaf Green it freezes upon entering combat (but saves fine and doesn't produce any errors).
unsure.gif

BrokenCD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working, for one game at least.

I had been trying to get Harvest Moon: MFOMT to work.

What I did was, loaded the rom with GBA ExpLoader 0.1 in NOR. Started a new game, saved, then backed up the save on the SD card.
Then I took the 32KB save, and the old 128KB file, opened them in a hex editor. (I'm using Hex Workshop.)

I found where the save ended.. Which, in Hex Workshop is at 00013648 for both files. I copied everything above 00013648 (including that line also....) , from the 128KB file, then pasted it into the 32KB file. Be sure to only overwrite lines 00000000 through 00013648. Then just save the new 32KB .sav file into "GBA_SAVE" with the same filename as the rom, then "Restore data in SRAM from SAV file". I assume most other games would work similarly.

On another note, the only real difference between the files is the 128KB is padded with "0000"s, and the 32Kb file is padded with "FFFF"s.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to alter 128KB save files, they will work just fine. You do need to make sure that the ".sav" at the end of the filename is lower case. ".SAV" won't work.

256KB saves from the EZ-V might need to be trimmed to 128KB.

BrokenCD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to alter 128KB save files, they will work just fine. You do need to make sure that the ".sav" at the end of the filename is lower case. ".SAV" won't work.

256KB saves from the EZ-V might need to be trimmed to 128KB.

That doesn't work for me. 128KB files don't work at all, no matter if sav is in caps or not. It seems to load them, but then the save doesn't work. The save data hasn't been loaded, and it asks me to start a new game.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did test it (with Drill Dozer) before I posted. The save file I used had an upper case extension, and GBA ExpLoader didn't use it. It created another save file with a lower case extension, so I had both "Drill Dozer (U).SAV" and "Drill Dozer (U).sav" in the GBA_SAVE folder. I deleted those files, renamed the save I wanted to use from .SAV to .sav, put it in the GBA_SAVE folder, and it worked.

I've also tested this with Castlevania - Circle of the Moon, Final Fantasy VI, Golden Sun, Metroid Zero Mission and The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Past. I renamed the 128KB saves from .SAV to .sav before I put them on the memory card, and they all worked the first time I tried them.

BrokenCD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. Jesus, no wonder. The release numbers on my GBA file names are different then my save files.. The offlinelist dat must have changed...

Oh well. All that effort for nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo