GBA emulator for iplayer progress

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by darkchen, Jul 24, 2009.

Jul 24, 2009
  1. darkchen
    OP

Newcomer darkchen Member

Canada
    29-7-2009

Audio interface port migration is complete, but unfortunately, with audio turning on, the FPS decreases markedly. Besides, there is shock noise and crackle happened of some tested games.

Now I'm looking for solutions of FPS decreasing and noise.

24-7-2009

More than one week has passed since I have got SDK, and I’was down to the GBA emulator development (in fact it calls migration of VBA) in this period.It almost took all my spare time. Now, I have made some progress what I’d like to share with you, that the video interface port migration has already completed. Depends on the effect of the games which I have tested, I think it is considered as success. Super Mario Advance and Super Robot War J is two of the games I have tested, which its photos is below, and the FPS is not bad, but I’m not sure that if I migrated audio interface port, it would still have a not too bad FPS.

Next step I will try to migrate audio interface port, and I wish everything will be OK. If I have any further progress, I will update this post. I will also update my blog: http://darkchen.blog.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Congrats, you've made the first GBA emulator for the DS. Really big +1 here (could reach a +2) for you. A lot of people would probably buy this over a slot-2 cart now if the emulator gets up to full speed and has high game compatibility.

3. B-Blue

Member B-Blue im a slut

GBA games on a slot-1 flashcard? [​IMG]

Can you upload a video, please?

4. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Oh, good job! This shows why the people who made the iPlayer are being stupid for not letting people use the SDK. Do you know what the hardware specifics of the iPlayer really is then? I'm curious to find out.

5. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    VBA is GPL so you will need to release your source code if you plan to release a binary.

6. Technik

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Are you serious?! You made one? 1. How, exactly, since lots of people were wondering if the iplayers extra power would be able to be used on other things.

Congrats, Big thumbs up.

2. What would happen if it was used on something other than an iplayer?

3. You have an annoying task ahead of you because when dsi mode is hacked you bet people will want a port. Or maybe you can just load the same exact thing and it will automaticly use the extra power.

7. Da-Bomb1

Canada
    Haha, uh oh, the iPlayer team may not like that. Their SDK isn't supposed to be used by anyone but them.

8. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Oh wow. Didn't think this would be possible. Good luck developing it further. What kind of fps do you get at the moment?

9. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    It would be a dumb move for them to close down the project. The iPlayer just seems like a waste of money without giving it some sort of edge (sure, you can play tons of video formats, but I'd rather take the extra time and save the cash by converting to .DPG). Having a slot-1 cart play GBA games alone is definately an edge, considering it can't run commercial DS games.

10. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    gba is all well and good, but i'm more interested in what else can run on the iplayer cpu. the sdk should be in more hands.

-another world

11. Da-Bomb1

Canada
    Yeah...hopefully they don't do anything to stop this. It'd be a monumentally stupid move for them that could, in the end, kill their product prematurely.

12. Technik

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, if the iplayer team shut it down they would lose alot of potential customers.

BTW Whats SDK?

13. Da-Bomb1

Canada
    SDK stand for software development kit. It usually refers to a set of tools and APIs that let you program things for a certain hardware platform.

14. benjaminlibl

Member benjaminlibl Funky Member

Singapore
    Video please.

15. asdf

Member asdf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Great, now I need to go buy an iPlayer. Awesome job there.

16. Da-Bomb1

Canada
    Well, from what I hear, to even get a flashcart to boot onto a DSi, it requires copyrighted data to be used against the copyright holder's will. So, they can't go and say that they're 100% legit either.

17. jonesman99

Member jonesman99 GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid

United States

18. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I'm really gonna have to see a convincing video of this in action before I believe it. Anyone can import a bitmap file and display it on the screen while outputting some text on the other screen.

Not to be discouraging, but this could very easily be a hoax, and I don't want to celebrate prematurely.

19. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    I'm agreeing with DanTheMan. I want to see full proof of this before I even think about buying one of these.

20. TheDestroyer

Member TheDestroyer GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™

United States
    If its possible to run gba emulator on slot 1.. why not NDS rom for iplayer? I know this has been going around and i know there is a lot of threads out there concerning this.. but i am a bit lazy to read each and every arguments so can someone clarify me why it can't be? thanks. I got my iplayer like 3 days ago.. and i'm quite impress [​IMG]

And me too, I think a video would clear the hoax issue about this one.