GBA emulator Acekard2i

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheZander, Feb 9, 2012.

Feb 9, 2012

GBA emulator Acekard2i by TheZander at 3:30 AM (10,459 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. TheZander
    OP

Member TheZander Keeping It Real

United States
    Since the forums said that GBA emulation wasn't possible on the DSi because it lacked the power, or at least could not harness to emulate. Have there been any new developments concerning a GBA emulator with Acekard2i working with the 3DS? The search terms for this bring up a whole lot everything, and I can imagine it's been asked a 100 times. But I just didn't see anything else.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    There would be no difference as the AK2i runs in DS mode on the 3DS. So to answer your question, no it's still not possible and will only be possible with a Supercard DSTwo (for now).

3. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    The Acekard 2i only works on DS-Mode on both the DSi and 3DS. If you want GBA emulation I suggest investing in a Supercard DSTwo, PSP, a Smartphone (Android, iPhone, ect.), a Dingoo, or an Open Pandora, or anything like that, since all those have some form of GBA emulation (that works more or less.)
    I would suggest the CycloDS iEvolution, but honestly the homebrew GBA emulator isn't very good and the card still really isn't worth the price tag it has on it.

4. TheZander
    OP

United States
    Yep, this is all because I just came across my SP and it was rusted. So I panicked because now I have no handheld GBA device. Smartphone emulators are crazy difficult, and the PSP I think I blew up the battery trying to Pandora it. SO now it only works plugged in.

5. Tom Bombadildo

pip
    United States
    Uhh...not really. Download emulator -> Obtain ROMs/BIOS(if necessary) -> Play. It's only difficult if it's for iOS as you have to jailbreak in order to do so...but even then it's not that hard.

6. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    You can always buy both the Pandora battery and a new battery online (well a new battery you should be able to pick up at like Best Buy or Wal Mart)
    As well you no longer need a Pandora battery anymore.
    http://gbatemp.net/t...-hack-your-psp/
    Also Android GBA emulators are really easy to set up, just download them and download the GBA bios (I can't post them since that would be against the rules) and just place the .apk files on your phone and use a file browser to install them. It's really easy, way easier than an iPhone.
    Plus there are countless guides online if you are still confused.

7. TheZander
    OP

United States
    I mean its difficult to play them, at least in my case. I have a certain rhythm when I play a game like Mario and when I try playing it on a smart phone with the touch sensitive screen buttons it wont react the way I a used to. But maybe Metroid Fusion might still work.

8. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    Use a Wii-Mote, that's what I did. It's not very hard to set up.
    Or invest into something like this
    http://youtu.be/gig8kmSTtL8
    The second part of the video is what I am talking about
    It's called the iControlpad

9. Tom Bombadildo

pip
    United States
    Got a PS3? Use the controller from that. Buy a bluetooth keyboard. There are an infinite amount of options to choose from. Kinda.

10. TheZander
    OP

United States
    Theres some screwed up reason why I am unable to sync bluetooth controllers, I think its like my S HOST is turned off or something I read about it a while ago. But maybe I'll give hacking the PSP another go.

11. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    That might be easier and cheaper. If your battery is still messed up, they should be like 5$ at most for a replacement and you no longer need a Pandora.

12. TheZander
    OP

United States
    Thank god on that, last time I tried making a pandora I caused a restaurant to have to evacuate. Steak knives and lithium do not mix.

13. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    You definitely should. Getting yourself a new official psp battery shouldn't cost you much, and it's definitely worth hacking for the emulators and homebrews.

Some references:
    Guide on hacking (by Rydian)
    Guide on popsloader (by Terminator02) for psx emulation
    PSP emulator list (gbatemp wiki)
    PSP Homebrew essentials

14. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    acutally... there is a gba emu for dsi. super slow, super uncompatible. super lame

15. TheZander
    OP

United States
    Yeah but it works with the kind of card I don't have. I could really go for some Rayman right now.

16. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    PSP's way better than any DS-series console for emulation so yeah, go for that.

17. TheZander
    OP

United States
    Hey I just got a new PSP battery and I was curious if I could get some help from you guys hacking it. I'm following that original tutorial you linked me to by Rydian. But I get an error 80020001 when I try to load the Hellcatz or any retail game. I am currently on FW 1.50. So I Google'd the error and I found people explaining how to fix it but that would entail me following their tutorials and since you guys are still active and stuff I figured it would be easier to ask. Thanks a lot

18. Rydian

United States
    Your PSP's on a way, way old firmware, not a new one. Simply download and run the 6.20 upgrade.

19. TheZander
    OP

United States
    Right on, thanks man, that worked. Is there any reason my GBA games are crashing the PSP though? it seems I can't get through one without it randomly crashing.

20. Rydian

United States
    Turn on the Fake FAT option.