GBA emu on DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by DarkCrudus, Oct 19, 2009.

Oct 19, 2009

GBA emu on DS by DarkCrudus at 9:08 AM (1,460 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. DarkCrudus
    OP

Member DarkCrudus The Ghost

United States
    So I have a question about GBA emulation on the DS, but 1st I'll let ya'll know what I have to work with.

NDS Lite
    Ez flash 3in1 plus
    Acekard (using AKAIO)

Things I have tried.

Gba exploader .58b
    AKAIO's GBA support

About 99% of the GBA Roms I have are 16MB or less and I enjoy switching games often. Loading in NOR takes such a long time to load everything its quite frustrating when I like to switch games often. So PSRAM would be nice. The problem is that with the gba exploader .58b, which is really the only one working with the ez flash 3in1 plus, freezes often when loading games into PSRAM. I can get it to work, but with annoying reboots. AKAIO's support i used but if playing the games in PSRAM the saves will eventually vanish from existance.

So my question is what is the fastest way to load gba games on the ds or if anyone can help me get either of my previous options working better.

2. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    do you back up the save when it's prompted to do so?, i had the exact same set-up as yours and it works fine, it's on option---> more---->ez flash 3 in 1 back up gba save enabled

3. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Just for the record, you know neither of those is emulation, right?

4. DarkCrudus
    OP

United States
    I'm almost positive that people with know what I am speaking of.

5. WhoRuJudge

Newcomer WhoRuJudge No, Who Are You?

United States
    Ok, I read this twice, and I have no idea what you are talking about.
    Do you want help with setting up GbaExploder? Are you having firmware issues with you flashcard?
    Maybe the internal battery is dead in the 3in1.

6. DarkCrudus
    OP

United States
    -sigh- i know how to set up everything. it just doesnt seem to do well. i gave up on the gba exploader cuz its crap with the ezflash 3in1 plus
    and it seems that with AKAIO 1.5 the gba works nice for me so im just using that

basically my question was what loader loads gba games the fastest. corys loader loads everything into nor, which is slow. gba exploader dont work well with ezflash 3in1 plus.

and i got akaio's gba support working

7. WhoRuJudge

Newcomer WhoRuJudge No, Who Are You?

United States
    For me, GbaExploder is the fastest, even with a 3in1 plus.
    Also, any load speeds will be effected by the Micro SD card speed. So if you want it to load faster, buy a higher class micro sdhc card. Of course, the type of RAM being written to effects speed also, so keep loading it into PSRAM or whatever.

btw, many users will blow this post off because you put the thread in the emulation section. The 3in1 does not emulate the GBA games, it is basically a very stripped down GBA flashcard. It just uses the GBA hardware that is built into your NDSL. So technically, it is not an emulator.

You may have had a better reception in the EZFlash section of the forum, as that is where most ppl get answers for the 3in1. Good luck, and Game on.