Homebrew GBA CIA I made gets black screen on loading Help

PokeFan221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a cia of Pokemon Sweet 2th and cant find any answers on why it wont load i made other cia of gba rom hacks and works just fine it is only with sweet 2th. I use all the correct stuff to make gba into cia and im on the current luma update and boot9strap and I have tried many versions of the gba rom and all the same issue just black screen after the gba logo if anyone can help that would be appreciated

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a cia of Pokemon Sweet 2th and cant find any answers on why it wont load i made other cia of gba rom hacks and works just fine it is only with sweet 2th. I use all the correct stuff to make gba into cia and im on the current luma update and boot9strap and I have tried many versions of the gba rom and all the same issue just black screen after the gba logo if anyone can help that would be appreciated
Turn off the "show GBA boot" option in Luma.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But wouldn't that make that not work
No.... GBA games don't need the boot logo to run. That's just for nostalgia/preference.

EDIT: Trust me, it took me a long time to figure out that's why my Pokemon Adventures Chapter Red game was always giving me a blackscreen when installed as a .CIA. I turned the option off in Luma as per someone's advice and what do you know? It worked.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

PokeFan221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.... GBA games don't need the boot logo to run. That's just for nostalgia/preference.

EDIT: Trust me, it took me a long time to figure out that's why my Pokemon Adventures Chapter Red game was always giving me a blackscreen when installed as a .CIA. I turned the option off in Luma as per someone's advice and what do you know? It worked.
Okay just tried same black screen bit other gba vc load fine

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep it runs just fine i can message you the files if you like
depending on what you mean by "the files" that may violate site rules but i believe you i just wanted to make sure you were not just overthinking a potential small problem . . . i dont know much about gba to cia conversion but i think you should ask Asia81 . . . if i recall Asia81 created quite a few gba pokemon romhack cia files

PokeFan221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depending on what you mean by "the files" that may violate site rules but i believe you i just wanted to make sure you were not just overthinking a potential small problem . . . i dont know much about gba to cia conversion but i think you should ask Asia81 . . . if i recall Asia81 created quite a few gba pokemon romhack cia files
How would i message him

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Asia81

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's what i get
I'm assuming it has something to do with the header/footer of the game patches. Or the way it was patched or something, I dunno. I tried applying the UPS patch myself and got the same result. It might just be one of those things like when you try this with Pokemon Dark Rising 2 (I think that was it), it loads fine but as soon as you open your Pokemon list the game freezes and gives you a blackscreen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)