GBA Cheats Files On YSMENU

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by duckeedoug, Nov 8, 2009.

Nov 8, 2009

GBA Cheats Files On YSMENU by duckeedoug at 2:28 AM (1,867 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. duckeedoug
    OP

Newcomer duckeedoug Newbie

United States
    I have search high and low for a answer and after spending 4 hours I came up unsuccessful. , I am running YSMENU on a DS Simple cart. The cart has a TTMENU subfolder which is not being used as near as I can tell. I have a new EZFLASH 3 in 1 and have now started experimenting with GBA games. The games load and play just fine, but I cannot get the (.CHT) cheat files to be seen by the YSMenu file system. I have tried a .cht file in the Root of the SD card, _system_, and the TTmenu folders. I have also tried several different *.cht cheat files without success.

My question is does the YSMenu recognize GBA cheats and if so where should they reside on the cart? Other then this issue all of the DS games, and GBA games load without issue so far, and the only cheat that I'm using for NDS is for the "Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside Story (USA)", and it's cheat work fine and reside in the _system_ folder. Interestly enough I don't believe that the cheat for Bakugan_Battle_Brawlers(U) has come up while using the USRCHEAT.DAT file in the _SYSTEM_ folder, but I can check that later. I really would just like to get the cheats to work for GBA games. The one GBA game that I have tried the cheat on is “Metroid Zero Mission(U)” without success. I can’t believe that this issue has not come up before so I’m hoping that some can chime in and shed some light on the problem. Do I need a YSMENU folder or something?

2. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    You can't use cheats on GBA games with YSmenu simple as that.

3. duckeedoug
    OP

Newcomer duckeedoug Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the reply, that is what I needed to know, and no where did I find a definitive answer like the one you provided. Much appreciated.

4. dante99

Newcomer dante99 Newbie

Japan
    GBA Cheat support slot1 cards - EZ-flash, M3ds

r4, dstt, cyclods ...etc are not supported gba cheat

5. ninchya

Member ninchya GBAtemp Regular

United States
    actually there are trainers u can use in the gba game when u patch it

gbaatm with .cht files from gbatemp cheats or use an ips cheat for the gba games with lunar ips