Hacking GBA Cart for DS Lite and Game Boy Micro

MCleveland89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a cart I can play GBA games on both a Game Boy Micro and a DS? I really want to play some of my old GBA games again but would like a cart that I can use on my DS Lite and Micro Game Boy. Also being able to play NES, SNES, GB, GBC (all older systems basically) games would be nice. Thanks in advance!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
For NES, GB, and GBC, if you already have a flash cart for your DS (any should do really), there are two really good emulators that can cover those. nesDS (try to avoid EX edition if you can, I find the normal nesDS to be more stable) for NES, and Lameboy for GB and GBC. Both are really great emulators with few issues pertaining to compatibility.

Now, for the GBA games, I can suggest the EZ Flash IV based on your specifications. Very common and can play GBA games on both the DS and all GBA systems. It also has a GB and GBC emulator that I can't quite remember the name of right now.

SNES, your options are....well, limited. There is a single flash cart out there for the DS with a semi-solid SNES emulator on it, and that's the Supercard DSTwo. Even on that though, the compatibility rate for games isn't the best, and I can't recommend that DSTwo for that alone. It also does have a GBA emulator, but I would suggest the EZ Flash IV over it for GBA emulation. The DSTwo also has a MAME emulator, but there is a way to play many MAME games on the DS via a neogeo emulator for the DS.

You might want to decide what the priority is to make shopping easier.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Any GBA flashcart would work on the DS Lite with a Passme device. Most DS flashcarts nowadays have a boot SLOT-2 option, that is perfect for this kind of stuff.

MCleveland89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both for the feedback. I do have a R4 with Wood R4 that I use for DS emulation right now so it's good to know I have some options for it. I'm going to look into the EZ Flash IV right now!

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ron975 said:
Any GBA flashcart would work on the DS Lite with a Passme device. Most DS flashcarts nowadays have a boot SLOT-2 option, that is perfect for this kind of stuff.

You don't need a PassMe device to play GBA games off a slot 2 cart. PassMe is for playing DS games off of a slot 2 device, not GBA.

MCleveland89, you want what's in the DSCartShop link. The 3-in-1 is not the same thing. If you plan to use this cart in your Micro, it would be possible, but a huge pain, IMO, because you have to use a DS to flash games to it. Stick w/ the EZ4 like everyone else has said.

MCleveland89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KidIce said:
ron975 said:

You don't need a PassMe device to play GBA games off a slot 2 cart. PassMe is for playing DS games off of a slot 2 device, not GBA.

MCleveland89, you want what's in the DSCartShop link. The 3-in-1 is not the same thing. If you plan to use this cart in your Micro, it would be possible, but a huge pain, IMO, because you have to use a DS to flash games to it. Stick w/ the EZ4 like everyone else has said.

Thank you for the clarification. And thanks to you and everyone else for the recommendation. I just ordered one from the DSCart website. Now the waiting 7-20 days for it part is what sucks.
nyanya.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?