Homebrew GBA Backup Tool Help

InsaneNutter

OP
Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I’m trying to use GBA Backup Tool 0.21 to backup my saves, however I just get the message “This hardware is not available”

I’m running it from an M3 DS Real with the Sakura firmware, version 0.1 works just not 0.21 which is the one I believe will dump eeprom saves.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

InsaneNutter

OP
Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply, the only thing I can press is A which just turns the DS off.

I’ve tried it with the GBA Ram expansion in and out as well as with a retail GBA game, no difference what so ever!

9ejmyvhtzvr85htfrb8n.jpg

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
does your gba slot definetly work? i.e. can you boot gba games normally? was the gba game inserted when you started the homebrew? i'm afraid i dont have any experience with this particular homebrew, just the nds backup tool, which is pretty much the same tool only for nds games...

InsaneNutter

OP
Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Yes I’m able to play GBA games on my DS fine.

I have tried the 0.1 version of this tool on my DS which works perfectly, however 0.21 refuses to work, it would be nice to get it working so I can backup my eeprom based saves.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
I can't remember if there was an actual reason or not.

I'm pretty sure there was a hack that came out that re-added M3 support but I can't remember if it was for the GBA Backup Tool or one of the other tools. Still, I suggest not using the hack if you do find it because the hack was was disrespectful and the reason why Rudolph actually discontinued further development in his NDS tools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [awaits for him to notice something] :blush::ha::evil: