Hardware GBA Backlight! (AGB-001)

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought mine

I just backtraced some of your posts, and you mentioned that you had the same issues as KipMudz. The screen problems are due to a bad cable -- very likely a solder bridge between neighboring solder points. If you bought it from Zerey, you may want to email him and see if he can send you a replacement cable. Sometimes these bridges are hard to see even under a magnifying glass.

You may want to reseat the cables into their slots to see if that is the issue. Also note that the cable receivers have little tabs that you have to latch/unlatch in order to secure/remove the cables.

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got in three screens and cables today. I've video-recorded most of the upgrade process and should have something up soon to share with you all. Also, I have two finished upgrades for sale if anyone's interested.

Masaray67

Newcomer
Trophies
Somewhere between the Matrix and the real world
XP
Country
Finland
I just backtraced some of your posts, and you mentioned that you had the same issues as KipMudz. The screen problems are due to a bad cable -- very likely a solder bridge between neighboring solder points. If you bought it from Zerey, you may want to email him and see if he can send you a replacement cable. Sometimes these bridges are hard to see even under a magnifying glass.

You may want to reseat the cables into their slots to see if that is the issue. Also note that the cable receivers have little tabs that you have to latch/unlatch in order to secure/remove the cables.

with all due respect, I'm not a retard. I have tried everything, but nothing helps. It sucks

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with all due respect, I'm not a retard. I have tried everything, but nothing helps. It sucks

My intent was not to insult -- merely to just suggest that it wouldn't hurt to double check some of those minor issues. Anyway, it sounds to me like you just have a bad cable due to a short somewhere within the cable.

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_3127.jpg

Here are all four of them. The top-left one has the original lens on it. This one is my personal GBA. The white one I bought for my wife. We play Contra via PocketNES on it. The two bottom ones are extras which I am selling. The two bottom ones have been sold. The two at the top are not for sale. They, and the white one, have the screen lens protection film still on them, so they may appear slightly duller in color.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://s23.postimg.org/7ezpq8o4r/IMG_3127.jpg

Here are all four of them. The top-left one has the original lens on it. This one is my personal GBA. The white one I bought for my wife. We play Contra via PocketNES on it. The two bottom ones are extras which I am selling. They, and the white one, have the screen lens protection film still on them, so they may appear slightly duller in color.

Ur Wife is a Lucky Lady Good Sir :mthr:

How much for either???

Masaray67

Newcomer
Trophies
Somewhere between the Matrix and the real world
XP
Country
Finland
My intent was not to insult -- merely to just suggest that it wouldn't hurt to double check some of those minor issues. Anyway, it sounds to me like you just have a bad cable due to a short somewhere within the cable.

I'm posting pictures of my cable, so y'all maybe can compare it to your own working ones

XQfp9b9.jpg

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the soldering point is right as I take this guide page as the refferance (guess it's by Zerey) --> http://i.imgur.com/9ZhLJlV.jpg
Could anyone confirm if it's done the right way for real?

So this level you get is directly after soldering, without adjustments? I don't know how mine ended up that low, I mailed Zerey several times about the problem with detailed explanations, photos and such, asking for a possible resolution method... Too bad he's not replying back.

Oh Snaps! It would be cool to put a switch in. I was always thinking of putting a potentiometer in, but that could be problematic. Turn the "brightness"/power down too low and the screen goes off. The way the SP+ screen is designed the backlight has to be on for it to work.

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh Snaps! It would be cool to put a switch in. I was always thinking of putting a potentiometer in, but that could be problematic. Turn the "brightness"/power down too low and the screen goes off. The way the SP+ screen is designed the backlight has to be on for it to work.

I think you can do it so that the lowest voltage is such that it still lights up the screen. I had been toying with doing just that, but find myself really enjoying the bright screen on its current setting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool