Hardware GBA Backlight! (AGB-001)

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to do this. Looks like all you need is a cable adapter. I'd buy a broken ags101 and a five dollar cable but if you have to spend big bucks on a modded unit better to buy a new K1 gba

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also prefer the original gba design. This guy is selling this conversion kit on taobao. You can get it through zarmark for $23. I'll pick one up and try it out.

Auyx

GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator
Trophies
XP
Country

plc268

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone could source that cable, I'd pay a decent amount of money for it. I'd absolutely love to have an OG GBA with a proper backlit screen.

Thatotherpirateg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After hunting around for a while I found it, you have to buy the screen and cable separately.
here are the links:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14045909056
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=16536976988
They seem to sell really fast, when I found it last week they had 5 in stock, now they only have one. Luckily I placed an order last week, and mine should arrive tomorrow, so I'll post some pictures when I'm done

plc268

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After hunting around for a while I found it, you have to buy the screen and cable separately.
here are the links:
http://item.taobao.c...?id=14045909056
http://item.taobao.c...?id=16536976988
They seem to sell really fast, when I found it last week they had 5 in stock, now they only have one. Luckily I placed an order last week, and mine should arrive tomorrow, so I'll post some pictures when I'm done

Thanks for this. I just ordered them through zarmark, came out to ~50 USD, plus whatever the final shipping charges. Steep, yes, but hopefully with the combination of rechargeable batteries and all that, it'll be the definitive GBA for me.

Thatotherpirateg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also have the tutorial to install the kit, for both the 32 and 40 pin pcb if anybody wants it. It's in Chinese though , but it has pictures
Just for interest sake, I found out that this guy makes these cables by hand, and he can only make 2 per day

Auyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone should bulk order a bunch, do the mod and get them on ebay. I'd pay for one as I cant figure out for the life of me how to order one from taobao.

Edit:

He sells a complete system for about £40 but I cant get through the bloody checkout system?!?!?! Anyone trustworthy who speaks Chinese want to order one for me and I'll paypal you the cash + a bit extra for your trouble.

Can be found here: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=15953144032

Thatotherpirateg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So got the kit yesterday, and just finished installing it. it looks awesome, the brightness is pretty much equal to the Gba SP+ on the lower setting. I'll post some pics in a bit

Auyx

Trophies
XP
Country
So got the kit yesterday, and just finished installing it. it looks awesome, the brightness is pretty much equal to the Gba SP+ on the lower setting. I'll post some pics in a bit

Looking forward to them, do you think the screen is original Nintendo or from one of the clones. Is the resolution correct on the screen?

Thatotherpirateg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Looking forward to them, do you think the screen is original Nintendo or from one of the clones. Is the resolution correct on the screen?
I'm not sure if it's an original sp+ screen, but it's exactly the same. It could be an original, I don't know. Sorry about the blurry Ipad pics

Let me know if you wanna see anything else

Sorry about the blurry Ipad pics

Auyx

Trophies
XP
Country

I'm not sure if it's an original sp+ screen, but it's exactly the same. It could be an original, I don't know. Sorry about the blurry Ipad pics

Let me know if you wanna see anything else
gba1.jpg

gba2.jpg
gba3.jpg

Sorry about the blurry Ipad pics

Thanks for the pics, looks good to me. If only I could figure out how to order one from taobao I'd be all good. I think im gonna grab the kit of the screen and the adaptor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...