Hacking ROM Hack GBA GBA Automatic Batteryless Patcher

zandatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Do you think it can still backup the save file using gbabf after patching the game?
Edit:
I tried, it doesn't work.

Last edited by zandatsu,

TBC999

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I've also started looking into a generic Flash 512 patcher. The few games I tested are running pretty good on my Mother 3 bootleg.
Castlevania123 , Fire Emblem123 ,Kingdom Hearts , FF56 , Boktai123 , Rockman Zero1234 , Lufia , Riviera , Onimusha Tactics , unable to archive.Will these issues be resolved in the next version?

KRoman47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hello, I love this app. Finished several 4 MB and 8 MB games on a bootleg card. But now I'm trying to patch some 16 MB ROMs without success. It creates patched ROMs but they are still 16 MB (no + 0.5 MB as usual) and the saving doesn't work - trying it on Mother 3 bootleg 32 MB card with 512 Kb SRAM (hoped for FRAM but it's only SRAM).

EDIT: Sorry, found out the bootleg card has actually FRAM and SRAM patch + GBA Flash Patcher works.

Last edited by KRoman47,

tk9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's all I know now.I hope the author can see it and update it.
Most of the stuff you mentioned works for me though. Except the eeprom ones like Boktai after SRAM patching and using the auto battery less patcher (though they work when used with automatic flash512k patcher after sram patching and flashibg with mother 3 cart). but hey, some batteryless patch exist for boktai in patch repo of acocalypso. You could use that instead if you want.

Reactions: assassinz

TBC999

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Most of the stuff you mentioned works for me though. Except the eeprom ones like Boktai after SRAM patching and using the auto battery less patcher (though they work when used with automatic flash512k patcher after sram patching and flashibg with mother 3 cart). but hey, some batteryless patch exist for boktai in patch repo of acocalypso. You could use that instead if you want.
alright, thank you very much.

Joohnnyf

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a problem with POKÉMON RUBY, I used GBATA to fix the SRAM, and then I used the "gba-auto-batteryless-patcher" but when I put the game on the cartridge and use it on the GBA at the moment I am going to save it gives the following message " Save failed. checking the backup memory.. Please wait ".....

Can anyone help me with this problem? I'm using the cartridge from china

tk9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with POKÉMON RUBY, I used GBATA to fix the SRAM, and then I used the "gba-auto-batteryless-patcher" but when I put the game on the cartridge and use it on the GBA at the moment I am going to save it gives the following message " Save failed. checking the backup memory.. Please wait ".....

Can anyone help me with this problem? I'm using the cartridge from china
Use bbsan2k's Flash1M patcher before dragging the file to Maniac's automatic patcher- https://github.com/bbsan2k/Flash1M_Repro_SRAM_Patcher
-This can also be done manually with hex editor after SRAM patching with GBATA with this old tutorial also by bbsan2k before he made the patching app. Then after following the tutorial, drag the file to maniac's patcher- https://gbatemp.net/threads/sram-bank-switching-on-bootleg-cartridges.547662/

Or just use the batteryless Ruby patch in this Repo- https://github.com/acocalypso/batteryless-patches

If none of this works, I can only assume that you're using a cart with flash512k save chip(example-Bootleg Mother 3/Bootleg Golden Sun) instead of 64kbitSRAM. Or your cart is faulty.

Last edited by tk9,
  • Love
Reactions: Joohnnyf

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hi.
OK. So, What are pros and cons of batteryless patches?
Is worth it to try to solder SRAM battery to bootleg cart (and reflash), or to use batteryless patched game?
I've patched Pokemon pinball, so it's obvious that there are hiccups when game is performing save (in this game it's quite often during gameplay)
but except for that?
Thanks.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.
OK. So, What are pros and cons of batteryless patches?
Is worth it to try to solder SRAM battery to bootleg cart (and reflash), or to use batteryless patched game?
I've patched Pokemon pinball, so it's obvious that there are hiccups when game is performing save (in this game it's quite often during gameplay)
but except for that?
Thanks.
Batteryless saving uses a lot of power because it's reflashing part of the ROM. If the console battery is low, it can even power off during saving - corrupting the save in the process.
If you can use a battery it's probably better.

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Thanks.
Yeah. I've soldered battery to one of my repro carts sucesfully.
Well, other than that?
If you corrupt your ROM during powersaving, you can erase and reflash your cart probably (Sure, you'll loose your save)
So are there other pros and cons?
Like lifetime of your ROM because of reflashing? or?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.
Yeah. I've soldered battery to one of my repro carts sucesfully.
Well, other than that?
If you corrupt your ROM during powersaving, you can erase and reflash your cart probably (Sure, you'll loose your save)
So are there other pros and cons?
Like lifetime of your ROM because of reflashing? or?
For games that save constantly during gameplay, I suggest patching it with manual mode instead of auto. This will save you from gameplay freezes, the flash memory wearing out so fast, and battery drain until you're ready to flush the save to flash manually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol