ROM Hack GBA Auto Trainer Maker(GBAATM)

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no need to use the enable code since the code isn't encrypted. just paste the code in with the code label as you did on here
no laws in battle
42003c34 0000
00000003 0002
and it should work fine.

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bit of an issue. I don't know if this is truly a GBAATM issue, but here goes.

No matter what I try to do with GBAATM and my copy of Final Fantasy VI, other than DEADBEEFing it, it freezes after the Nintendo logo, when the Square Enix logo is supposed to appear.

I made sure GBAATM was using a safe area of RAM, specifically 0x3007F00 which had 10 DEADBEEFs in a row viewed in VBA-m after deadbeefing the ROM.

I have VBLANK check enabled, and I currently have it at execute every 1. I've tried other settings to no avail. I've tried with and without a trainer menu. I am using codebreaker codes obtained http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/930370-final-f...ance/faqs/47725 here. Specifically, at the moment I'm trying with the "Maximum Gil" code, though I've tried with various other codes on that page.

Any tips?
hate2.gif

EDIT: I just tried with Enable/Disable checked and Enable At Start at No. Still no dice.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that FFVI at least did work but it's possible that something that was changed stopped the the trainer function from being called. I will take a look at it and see what's going on.

Edit: Yep I broke it.
unsure.gif
I will fix it as soon as I can.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok it is fixed now. Hopefully the temporary buffer it uses now won't interfere with games.
wacko.gif

Note that you will want to use Enable/Disable and have it disabled until the game starts because it hangs the intro if you don't. Also setting the number of cycles to 255 is recommended -- or disabling the cheats after they give the effects.

riune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi cracker, I Use the new version of GBAATM to Boktai 3. I patched the rom to Ez flash and GBAATM and play it to my Ez flash 4 but it didn't work..it only shows black screen...

I patch also the rom to Gbata and GBAATM and play it to EZ flash 4...the game is working But my save don't load and the cheats not working... it also have some screen crashing....

The two patches work both in No&gba and vba with no problems in cheats

game serial is AGB-U33J-JPN

This are the codes:

Sun Meter Mod
3203CC76 000A

No Overheat
8203C902 0000

I hope you can help. .Thanks again

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you patching the game with GBAATM first and then the EZ4 Client? The patching that the EZ4 Client does causes problems when trying to patch with GBAATM so GBAATM must be used on the unpatched game.

riune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use the new version, I also patch the clean rom to gbaatm only but my save don't load.. I try also to patch to gbaatm then ezflash but also my save don't load, both this option when patched with new version makes the sprite of the rom blinks with different color.

I also use the previous version but the result is the same............ but screen is fix

Is the problem is on EZ client? im using EZ_Client 1.03

the firmware of the cartridge is V 1.720

tnx again...
rolleyes.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a LOT of trouble patching Final Fantasy V Advance (U), anything from the intro freezing before it really begins, to the emulator crashing in various ways depending on what codes I have on (and with some code sets it resets to the BIOS/logo even with no codes activated, right after the trainer menu).

Do you have any advice for this game? I don't exactly know what RAM bank and such to pick if that's needed for this, I usually just use the default and it works fine for all the games I've tried.

EDIT: Changing the RAM address to the next value as stated in the FAQ fixed the crashing/hanging issues. ^^;

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I can't get any codes to apply to The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Past Four Swords (U). Tried all four RAM banks (even tried one that didn't show up as DEADBEEF in the memory viewer to make sure it was getting applied, and it did mess up some graphics), and tried 2 cycles instead of 1. Yes, the codes are correct, I tested them via VBA (they're the hearts and MP codes from gbatemp).

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Okay, I can't get any codes to apply to The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Past Four Swords (U). Tried all four RAM banks (even tried one that didn't show up as DEADBEEF in the memory viewer to make sure it was getting applied, and it did mess up some graphics), and tried 2 cycles instead of 1. Yes, the codes are correct, I tested them via VBA (they're the hearts and MP codes from gbatemp).

Some games will wipe all of the work RAM at the start of booting (sometimes to disuade cheating). In order to get around this you must either no the trainer menu and leave the execution cycles at 1 or the game must have hardcoded hacks to prevent clearing all of the memory before the game boots. I will attempt this when I get some time.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I got in-game before checking for DEAFBEEFs, is that what you're referring to?

Though... as a note that I forgot to mention (sorry), the DOWN+LEFT+SELECT combo doesn't bring up the trainer menu at all, so if you're referring to it wiping the menu from RAM on boot (and the menu is done a different way than the DEAFBEEF insertion) then yeah, it sounds like that's the issue.

While simply removing the trainer menu (and I presume using the enable/disable all button combination) would be a workaround, it's not so much for this game (as your max health changes many times, and if it's too low compared to max you get annoying beeping the whole game, so I'd be making multiple patched ROMs as I work my way through the game). XD

Thank you as always.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found that it was a problem with some of the code in GBAATM and fixed it in 1.9.9.7.

Also I recommend using these CB cheats instead of the .cht codes:
Code:
Infinite Health
8200234C A0A0
Infinite Magic
3200234E 007F

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those were actually debugging messages I forgot to take out and no errors were actually happening.
smile.gif
I replaced the bin with the message free version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny