Hacking GB Micro

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want it to stick out of the back of a GBM, get a miniSD device. The M3 MiniSD should sit flush, so perhaps 4saken is thinking of the "slim SD" which takes regular SD cards and does stick out slightly.

The microSD M3 and Supercard products fit only in DS Lites. The M3 Lite should come with a shell to make it fit in Phats and GBMs, but I've never used one myself. I don't know about the EZ-Flash series.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you don't want it to stick out of the back of a GBM, get a miniSD device. The M3 MiniSD should sit flush, so perhaps 4saken is thinking of the "slim SD" which takes regular SD cards and does stick out slightly.

The microSD M3 and Supercard products fit only in DS Lites. The M3 Lite should come with a shell to make it fit in Phats and GBMs, but I've never used one myself. I don't know about the EZ-Flash series.

The M3 MiniSD doesn't fit flush (according to the review). All the EZF one's do IIRC.

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sorry for the hijack but it'll be quick and painless... 4saken, you're always typing up IIRC on your posts... i don't quite get what it means lol... i've actually only seen it twice.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One of these: http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?acronym=IIRC

tongue.gif

Dunpeal1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a GBM this week. I already have a PSP running custom firmware. I wanna know which card should I get to have a GBM that can play music,roms,movies,and homebrew?And being able to multi-task would be great. I'd love to be able to listen to music while I play roms,or at least while I'm in some kind of shell.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just got a GBM this week. I already have a PSP running custom firmware. I wanna know which card should I get to have a GBM that can play music,roms,movies,and homebrew?And being able to multi-task would be great. I'd love to be able to listen to music while I play roms,or at least while I'm in some kind of shell.

No card that you can buy for the GBM can play music or movies.

Dunpeal1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

None at all?then why do all the cards I've seen,and alot of reviews say that it can?

sasuke_kun12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
what are you talking about? theres more then a handful! Supercard, EZ IV, M3 just to name a few. Theres nothing special about the GBM slot. Only thing is that you cant play GB/GBC cartrigdes

Dunpeal1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I did some research today with what little knowledge of flash cards,and I narrowed it down to 2 cards.

-EZ-Flash III
-EZ-Flash IV mini-SD

here is what I want to be able to do with my micro:

-play music
-play video
-play emulators (MAME,PC Engine/Turbo Grafix,SNES)
-view pictures
-save games,or save the exact spot where I stopped playing
-Use some kind of shell (example: moonshell,pogoshell)
-run homebrew games and applications

So I would greatly appreaciate it if some one would either recommend one of the cards above or perhaps another card that would fit my needs.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"Well, for a DSphat gen card it's pretty small, almost sitting flush with the DS itself. It sticks out roughly 2mm, not too bad." - M3 mini SD review

"I believe there is a revision that sits perfectly flush with the DSphat!"

The DS's GBA port is the same size as the micro port AFAIK

Depends whether this is true or not, and how old the store you're planning to buy it from has held their stock

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure you get the latest EZClient and RESET LOADER from the ezflash forums.

They will give you the best game compatibility.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Dunpeal1978 said:
I bought the EZ-Flash IV with mini SD slot. I haven't put anything on it yet but I'll post after I do

Holy shit this is the third fucking year old topic that you've revived, and for what? To let us know what you bought? Seriously, necroposting is one of the most annoying things ever on a message board... Honestly, let these damn topics die.

Dunpeal1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude do you have no life? why dont you go code something and mind your own fucking business?

Posts merged

Thanks DEx MIX!!! Ill definatley check that out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto