GB GBC Loader Moonshell 2

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by KT_Cobra, Sep 20, 2011.

Sep 20, 2011

GB GBC Loader Moonshell 2 by KT_Cobra at 10:12 PM (613 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. KT_Cobra
    OP

Newcomer KT_Cobra Member

United States
    To start off, I'll say that I really wish that each file available for download here had a thorough description of what that file is for/does.

Which brings me to my question.
    GB GBC Loader Moonshell 2... is it worth downloading instead of just downloading the Lameboy emulator and running them like that?
    What does ^^^ this program do?

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    you are talking about THOUSANDS of files uploaded by hundreds of different people gathered from a large number of different sources which may or may not contain the readme, info files, or links back to the authors homepage.

even if we had all of the information to add you are again talking about fixing THOUSANDS of files, and filetrip staff members have real busy lives outside of their volunteer responsibilities.

when i upload i have done my best to include a description and the change log. included readme files usually explain the rest. but, i'm just 1 person. i've wanted to reorganize the nds section, fix descriptions, etc, but you are talking about a job that would easily take the better part of 6 months. its a huge undertaking and not one i have the free time to work on.

i'm not trying to tell you off but i want you to understand the amount of work involved before you complain.

-another world

3. KT_Cobra
    OP

Newcomer KT_Cobra Member

United States
    I understand. There are far too many files to do so now.

Now, I haven't been here very long, but I just wonder if that's something that should be a requirement when someone posts their files for download. It would allow those who are newer on the scene to be able to evaluate a little better on what's available for modding their systems. That's all.

4. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    i checked the file out and its just regular ol' Lameboy with a gb/gbc extention (gb.lameboy.nds) . Its so you can directly select a gameboy rom (instead of launching the emulator first) and [in this case] it'll boot the emulator up. Kinda pointless.

There are however, a couple homebrews that do have actual support for direct game booting with Moonshell2, which is quite cool. Off the top of my head there's:
    nesDS
    NeoDS

5. KT_Cobra
    OP

Newcomer KT_Cobra Member

United States
    Thanks for the info. Exactly what I needed.

6. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Pretty much, if "coolness" was the uploader, then it is just a rename of the regular .nds file...if you are looking at the Moonshell2 extlinks anyways...